Monday, April 29, 2024

Coffee and life


 

 

I've taken a lot of time away from the news in the previous few months. It's difficult to keep up with all the criminality of what's happening in our world and keep up with regular life too. I have done so much research over the past 5 years, I've kind of hit a wall. You can never go wrong with education but the more you dive into information, you find most don't want or care to know. So, relationships get more distanced and you have even more difficulty with surface conversations than ever. I think too much for surface subjects. I will not apologize for that nor will I change it. I learned a long time ago, you will usually battle with one direction or another - too much or not enough, for people. Whatever.

 

This year has been one of challenges already. This was our first year with so many sheep having babies; which increased the odds of other issues - medical, the snowstorm with babies, and a few that have not given birth. It's been a challenge having my son and his wife now living away from our family. Having to learn how to parent on a different level; while still having one at home. I enjoyed being with my kids all the time. So, having to step back and only be here while they build their new lives has been difficult. Having to deal with a few things that I am affected by while having zero input has me struggling the worst. Again, I have no control, and the end result could have big changes that I will have to deal with too. 

 

Over a 3 day period, we had a little over 5 inches of rain. Gardening is out for the foreseeable future. I'm struggling to even put one in this year. After last year's drought, I can't complain about the moisture, although the excessive amounts already this year, are staggering. So much began blooming early this year, and even had Robins a month earlier than normal. The fruit trees were blooming beautifully before the storms, and I hope that doesn't hinder those crops. We managed to time our fertilizer this year, just about right. So, hopefully that high priced stuff does some good. The pastures have been growing well, even before fertilizer, but some sun and warmth will help them take off. 

 

The veteran hunt we host each year has been set for September again. Each year we host 6-8 veterans for a weekend of hunting, fishing, and friendships. We have been able to keep it small enough for everyone to be able to just relax, enjoy whatever they want to...and when they want to. Everyone seems to enjoy not having strict schedules, and being able to just hang out if they choose. This year, the plans are set and now it's a matter of fundraising, getting the items needed, and choosing the veterans. After this year, there will be some changes coming. I will focus on those once we get through this year. We have a good group that will be helping make this year's event successful. Since we are not a big group, we have to work twice as hard, but we will pull it all together. 

 

We are rapidly approaching the months I spend most of my time outdoors. I have loved the next few months. Sun, warmth, and lots of fresh air;  time when I am at peace. Whether that be mowing, gardening, or just sitting around a bonfire. To be honest, I need to find that peace. It's time to get off this roller coaster of chaos. 


A few things you always can do, for yourself: work to pay off debts, keep no less than 6 months of food and water for your household, keep cash on hand, learn useful skills(self protection, cooking, sewing, gardening, etc.), grow spiritually, and question everything. Natural/Holistic health recognizes the necessity of balancing mind/body/spirit; it's truly your best medicine. Find your "tribe" of people. This is more difficult. You don't need people drilling holes in the boat while you are bucketing out water. One final thought - moderation. We seem to live in a society of extremes anymore. Use moderation as your guide, because too much of anything - good or bad, is still too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment