Monday, July 8, 2024

Coffee Chat

 


 

There is so much I want to talk about, but as usual, I will limit the conversation. As much as some believe otherwise, I do not say most of what I think. So, hang on and let's get this ride started.


I think and feel very deeply, it's a blessing and a curse. I am always trying to balance perception with an under lying reason...meaning: when there is a problem or say, a lie that is presented; I try to find reason or justification. There are plenty of individuals that believe they are smarter than they are, and if that works for them...more power to them. However, as someone that dives into research and questions everything...rarely, do I find anyone that has an IQ higher than average. Not trying to be mean, just honest. I myself am just average...I just prefer to accept I don't a lot about anything, but enough to be dangerous to those that live among the masses. Those that get higher degrees than mine, like to believe they are smarter...and usually they fall into the "educated idiot" category, at least to me. Honestly, I do not try to be mean, but know-it-all people, irritate me. None of us sit high enough to truly judge others, on anything. 


I rarely argue with people anymore. I state what I see and what I learn, and find those that attempt to argue...are the ones that refuse to educate themselves further than the noise box. That's ok. That is their choice. This is true for more than just the chaos in the world. It is inclusive to situations also. I have seen so many situations that could have better outcomes, with a true effort, but it's easier to play a blame game. Whether it's finances, health, job, or relationships...it takes effort, acquiring necessary education, taking better care of yourself; ultimately making it your decision to do better, in spite or despite, of a prevailing problem. God knows, I fight this on a daily basis. I believe each of us has a past, that has influenced us...both good and bad. I learned many years ago, blaming someone else for my own ineptitude, would never get me where I wanted to be. It can be challenging to not fall back into a negative mindset, that I battled decades ago. Especially with the way the world and people are today. I do have down days, but they don't last long. I do a lot of "considering the source," and move on. It would be easy to say, "I've always been this way," and use that as an excuse to not better myself; but that is a cop-out. In my eyes, I look at certain situations, look at my own knee-jerk reactions, and then assess what would be my typical reaction...and then I look deeper. The hardest part, is accepting changes. Even the most minute changes, can be rattling, if you are content to stay locked into a pattern. I am a firm believer in not burning a bridge you may need later...however, sometimes those bridges get burned by others, and there is nothing you can do about it. You have to deal with the grieving process but ultimately, you have to move forward...otherwise, you open the door to repeat bad decisions. 


One more tough subject before I move on. Our country is a mess. I know many would argue here, just save it. When every $1 is now actually work 2-3 cents, real estate is at an all time high, layoffs are piling up, war is threatened with multiple countries, our own citizens are struggling to just feed their families; we have a big ole mess. The longer this can gets kicked down the road, the worse it is going to be. Let's just talk about the jobs reports. Every month for nearly 3 years now, the job reports have shown increased job openings. Then just a few weeks later, the government comes out with a revision(quietly released, so many don't pay attention to it), and it is a third of the original numbers. Not to mention the types of job openings...hospitality and government always lead the way. The majority of those jobs are less than 34 hours per week, with no benefits. Could your household survive on a 34 hour per week, paycheck? I don't know many that could. What if that 34 hour work week had to include health insurance too? Do you understand that those types of jobs, end up putting more people on food stamps...that tax payers support? So, those working full time are on the hook to pay more and more into taxes, to support those who can only get a part-time job. Many of those full time tax payers, can barely make ends meet for their own family, let alone paying more for taxes. Let's not forget the increased costs of property taxes, fuel, food, vehicle insurance, utilities, and durable goods. Have you tried to buy a decent pair of boots/shoes lately? I'm not talking the $40 ones that look cute...I'm talking the shoes people have to wear for their jobs outside of an office. I can tell you a decent pair of work boots, that will last at most, 6 months...is now running around $175-$225. Nearly double what they were 5 years ago. There is such a massive divide in what people think they need versus what they want versus what they actually need. We have a society that has become obsessed with instant gratification, they are willing to debt slaves. Too many, for too long, have bought into theory of having a bunch of stuff, even though they owe on everything, gives them a status boost. I was guilty of this for several years. This whole "being rich on paper," thing is a lie! If you don't own it, debt free...you are not rich, period. You are a slave. The taxes we are forced to pay, that are continually increasing, make us all slaves. Why are forced to continue paying tax on items we purchased, year after year...and if you don't continue paying, you lose whatever assets you bought and paid taxes on to begin with? If you think about that, you should be mad! We pay taxes on income, food, fuel, property, real estate, roads, schools, clothing, shoes - literally everything we buy. Then you are forced to continue to pay taxes annually for homes, vehicles, ATV/UTV's, livestock, and this does not even include any improvements to the exterior of your home - even buildings. All of this being said, while our government is running nearly $35 trillion in debt - that is being held by other countries! It's disturbing to me, how many people just shrug their shoulders or say, "there's nothing I can do about it." Really? Up to this point, we have elections. So many people get wrapped up in who is going to spend 4-8 years at the white house, they have completely forgotten how our government is supposed to work. Meaning, those we put into Congress, Senate, our State politics, even local positions - THOSE are the ones we should be after to actually serve their job. Our government is only allowed to serve by our consent, and by just going along, we are giving our consent. We need to be putting term limits on congress and senate, just as they did for the president...for the exact same reason! 


While their are millions of American citizens struggling with food insecurity right now, and so many are our veterans, why are we sending money to any other nation?! Do you know, of all 336 million people in America, only 1% have served this country through the military? ONE PERCENT!!! It's no wonder we have reached the level mental illness in this country that has sane people scratching their heads! Our soldiers/veterans are trained for combat, they are run through the gauntlets to be fighting machines. Their brotherhood is not discriminate.  For decades, they have been sent into battle grounds, seen horrors that most of us can not begin to image; only to be brought home and dumped into a thankless and entitled society. I can not even begin to fully understand, but hearing stories of the struggles some of our bravest have endured, is heart wrenching! Hearing the struggles with trying to get medical help, mental health care; leaves me pissed off. While the wars in many memories, have fewer veterans remaining...there are still a LOT of veterans, from many wars suffering! Many of the WW2 vets are now gone, there's Korea, Vietnam, Beirut, Bosnia, Desert Storm, Desert Shield, and everything since 9/11. Illnesses and injuries from PTSD, TBI, survivors guilt, loss of limbs, Agent Orange, the fire pits. These soldi3ers, were willing to fight for US...the American people and our Constitution, and given their orders from our government. There is not a single soldier that should ever have to go without healthcare, food, medications, housing; PERIOD! 


I believe in helping when I am able. What I don't believe in, is helping to make yourself look good. Meaning, I do things without a camera, without even mentioning doing things. Whether it be helping someone in need with a food box, giving an anonymous donation to a food pantry, paying for someone's groceries at a store, or whatever. I don't need to broadcast what I do, because those that need to know...know; God, myself and those involved. I will help those that need a hand up, if possible, but I will not enable someone on a repeat pattern of not trying to help themselves. That type of situation, you are helping...you are enabling. I encourage people to do random acts of kindness, because I believe it makes the world a better place, but also because it makes people better. In a world full of negativity, it's little things, done repeatedly to be a better society, that will make a difference. 


I believe I will stop here for today. It is difficult to work on ourselves, and not to become defensive when we feel like we are being called out. Before we jump into any issue, we need to take a step back. We need to remember the importance of kindness, grace and freedom of speech. We may not like what someone else is saying or doing, but it does not mean we need to jump into some form argument or disagreement. Sometimes, it's best to just move on, scroll past or ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment