Saturday, November 3, 2012

Election 2012




"God Bless America, land of the free because of the brave!"



I can remember as a child, my grandparents voted in every single election. The part that stands out to me now as an adult, I can never remember them talking about whom they voted for. Quite honestly, I don't remember anyone talking about whom they would vote for until I was in high school.

One of the problems as I see it is the money spent on campaigning. Candidates for the past 20 years that I have been able to vote, have asked for donations. They have taken in unforeseen amounts of money to advertise, hold rallies, and pay for all the campaigning. While I know that some must be spent for voters to know a candidate, millions upon millions are spent to sling mud. This is millions upon millions that seriously needs to be spent on something much more important. Like the hungry and homeless in America, like our out-of-control deficit, and I could list at least a half a dozen others.

Another problem I see is the amount of time candidates spend trashing each other. It's not only disrespectful but has caused friends to never talk again, and many outrages through the years. The election this year seems to be one of the ugliest, nastiest, and most irresponsible one that I can remember. Instead of all the trash talking, how about something with a little more substance. How about telling voters who you are, what you stand for, what you are going to try to accomplish if elected, instead of what the other candidate supposedly said/did/didn't do! People living today, are very capable of doing the research on each candidate, and deciding for themselves who would be the best person to give their votes to.

Another problem as I see it is that we do not elect the vice president. Why on earth should we vote for our president, and allow that person to choose who the vice-president should be. I think we should vote for both president, and vice-president. Then, there would be a true "checks and balances" starting at the top!

I personally will not be telling anyone whom my vote will go to. I probably won't even decide until I vote. Honestly, it's no one else business either. I have my own thoughts and feelings, and yes they are usually different than most. I know what kind of standards help my family, our farm, and my business. I also know what hinders our recreations and our growth. I can see strong positives with the 3 presidential candidates this year. Yes, there are 3, and you have a choice! I will be deciding between the 3 candidates to see who will best fit to my family's needs. I am tired of the constant mud-slinging, the constant facebook posts glorifying the candidate of choice, the constant political commercials, and tired of the media. I refuse to watch television and what I need to know about the candidates, I RESEARCH! I check their records, view what they want to try to accomplish, and view their positions on issues that matter to me. I refuse to register for a specific party as I have voted, Republican, Democratic and Independent.

As we approach the final stretch of this election chaos, I urge you to get out and vote. It is a privilege, a right and an important aspect of being American and supposedly free. Remember to vote November 6th!

God Bless America!
Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment