Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My thoughts for today.


As I began this rainy/cold day, I woke up to a computer screen that had been rotated...by my 4 year. Finally figured out how to fix that. Found that she had been up sometime in the night and had spread 2 full rolls of toilet paper throughout the house. During her "alone" time, she managed to make one heck of a mess. All of this, while relatively easy fixes, just started my day...at 5:30. Add to this that it's raining, cold and there is snow in the forecast - the end of April, I've read news articles and caught up with friends. I've learned real quick this morning that there are oh so many misinformed/misguided people and many of them are in a position of power(that's scary!), and made a self-realization that is unsettling.

As you can see, the first 7 hours of my day have been anything but boring. Since my oldest went to spend a couple days with his Great-Grandma, which will definitely allow for him to grow and learn...I realize each time he is away from home, how much he helps me around the house and with his little sister. For him to have a Great-Grandparent that he can spend time with, learn from, see what it means to have respect/class, and grow mentally/spiritually...It means the world to me. While I do need to teach him that if he keeps up with his responsibilities at home, it's never an issue for him to spend time doing what he enjoys. Since we have not yet gotten any of our house really organized since we moved in, his room is in serious need! ;) I don't like that he is growing up so quickly, I do want him to grow up well. I am very proud of my young man and I do try to tell him often!

The youngest, on the other hand, is a handful...at best! She is, in all honesty, exactly what I want her to be. Strong-willed, determined, a free thinker, stubborn, and independent. Not to mention beautiful, inquisitive, perceptive, and full of imagination. As I have gotten older, she's just a handful to manage. She's smart, and is such a sponge. She loves to learn and do new things, but is our homebody. She likes to go visit people, go to town, but is always ready to go home and stay home. She has the exact personality that I had prior to marriage and kids. So, we really have some personality conflicts at times.

I love my kids with all my heart and soul. I am very protective of my kids, but I don't shelter them or sugar coat issues to them. They are involved in almost all aspects of my husband and I's lives. When any decisions are made, they are made with the kids and with their well being in mind. When tough situations arise we discuss them...especially with the oldest. It doesn't matter what they may involve, national issues to family issues and everything in between. Our kids are learning real life, and to think for themselves without being told what to think.

As with most days, visiting with friends online, in person or even on the phone, you learn where people stand and how they think. Since the world seems to have insane, that is the topic of most conversations lately. This blog is my "outlet" so-to-speak. This allows me a place to speak my mind and release tensions that I don't have another outlet for. That being said, I have really had to hold my tongue a lot lately. While I will never claim to know all the answers or have all the solutions or even know what is best...I know what is best for our family, I know where my beliefs/morals/spirituality stand. When these areas of my life are attack, I do tend to get a little prickly! I do not believe in religion. I am a very spiritual person, but religion has become too much hippocracy and judgmental for me. I am a firm believer in a grand creator, and that I can live by my faith without ever stepping foot in a religious building. Politically, I am not a Democrat, nor am I a Republican. I believe in our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. I am not a feminist, as I believe that too many women in the work force and not at home raising children, have given us too many children that have zero respect and common sense. I am not a person to judge anyone. Everyone faces battles that the rest of us know nothing about. I believe everyone is equal and that includes those that choose partners of the same sex, those that have different colored skin than I, and those that live a different life than I. I don't judge people by the religion, lifestyle, politics, home, or even their indiscretions. However, when someone does something that affects the lives of my children, or my family, that is when I get exploding mad. While I am not a person that will ever perfect here on Earth, I do try to be nice, respectful, and be a true friend.

Those that really know me, know they can talk to me without judgement, or fear of anything being repeated. They also know I will do anything within my power to help them, or be there for them when they need it. I have had friends that have come and gone, and some of them I think about regularly but as the saying goes..."Some people enter our lives for a reason, some for a season, and some for a lifetime!"

No comments:

Post a Comment