Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy October!


Welcome October!!!!!!!!

I, for one, am thrilled to realize it's October! While the final 4 months of every year are crazy for us, I look forward to each and every one of them. We have so much going on this year, and it's been added to the already busy schedules. Because of the late Spring planting, it's been a late Fall harvest. It's October and I am still canning, when usually I am finished by mid-September. While I am NOT complaining at the prospect of having so much food preserved this year, I am ready for my Fall hobby of photography.

We live in such a beautiful area for Fall/Spring photography. Lots of trees, fields, farms, old barns, etc. just dot the landscape and the Fall colors are simply out of this world. While I am in no way professional, this has become a passion for me. Now, I just need to get a great camera that will capture my world as I see it. I have a good camera, that has taken thousands of pictures, won me a little bit in landscape photography, and captured my most treasured memories with my babies...it's just about worn out.

The Fall weather always brings my soul alive. Fall and Winter are my 2 absolute favorite seasons. Fall awakens my spirit and helps me find balance in my senses. It reminds me of the beauty that is around me, every single day. It's the time when my schedules begin to slow a little, and I am able to feel grounded again. It's the start of 6 full months of pure, natural beauty to me. The time of year that allows soils to rest and begin to rejuvenate for Spring planting, a time for the trees to release their colorful leaves to re-fertilize the soils, time for nature to begin her process of sleep and provide for us a fertile Earth come Spring. This time of the year is always an awakening for me. I love being out in nature and to see the natural beauty provided to us by Mother Earth.

Winter for me, is another favorite. I love the snow falls, the beautiful white blanket that covers the ground is just awesome! I look forward to the first snowfall and much as I do every other snowfall all Winter. I love the beautiful decorations of Christmas, all the compassion shown throughout the season. I love every part of Winter! The cold, the snow, the beauty, the holidays with family, and the treats!

As I close out September and finish up my gardening and canning, I am super excited for my typical Fall activities! I am anxiously awaiting my trips into nature! Be watching my Facebook page for new pictures in the coming month! Not to mention the start of Christmas decorating is set to begin in just a few weeks!!!! :)

I hope each of you will take some time out of your busy schedules and go explore the natural beauty around you! Make sure you take a few deep breaths and wash away the stale, and negativity.

Finding balance.....
~Sal

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting winter into perspective for me (and in such a beautiful way). I love gardening, and I find myself wishing the growing season was longer, but I should really be grateful that the soil is being renewed for the next season. Your blog is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Every single season has it's own natural beauty. It's sometimes, just difficult to slow down enough to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete