Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Silently - a poem

SILENTLY



Silently, I rebuild what has been broken for so long.
The part of me that once held so strong;
has become a simple shell from years of going with the flow.

Silently, I seek my own inner strength.
From the spiral of years of keeping quiet;
to keeping peace and avoiding fights.

Silently, I have been broken down by a life that isn't mine.
Years of trying, struggling and neglecting the potential within.
A ghost of who I once was, barely lingers.

The adventure began as most love stories do.
The relationships that seem to have someplace to go;
until outside interference disrupts what could have been.

Affronted with constant conflict makes the walls rise too tall.
Too many years the conflict has continued,
too many missed opportunities to do what is necessary.

Silently, I wonder if this can be saved.
Too many years, I have kept quiet to keep the peace.
So many years the resentment has built.

Silently, I continue to hold a thread of hope;
yet know in my heart, that many parts are irreparable and broke.


The reality of it, is that love does not cure everything or fix anything.
The reality of it, there is damage that you can't possibly see.


Can we make this work, sure.
Can the damage done be repaired, I just can not say.
Do I love you, without a doubt, yes.

Silently, I suffer through the pain and longing for something that I will never have.

Silently, I find my way through through the muck that has mired many years.
Accusations that were and are still tossed around, underhand efforts at every corner, manipulation to get attention;
although not by you, still hinders the very relationship effort.

Silently, I get stronger every day.
Making decisions that work best for me, accepting the path I am on.
Silently, I am learning to let go.


9/15/15

No comments:

Post a Comment