Thursday, January 7, 2021

I truly needed an outlet

 Y'all know, by now, I am opinionated but that opinion stems from research. Sometimes, from years of research. I do not play the political party game. I question everything! I believe some conspiracy theories may be true while others are just pathetic. I think for myself, and what is best for my situations. I'm sure this true for millions of people. I believe bashing others for having different opinions is disrespectful, and childish. I do believe America and Americans should always come first in America. I believe in our Constitution, our Bill Of Rights, and design of limited government. I believe too much government intrusion into our lives has brought us to where we are today. 


I am angry and honestly pissed over behaviors I saw yesterday at our Capitol Building. The thugs that created that crime now are comparable to the criminal thugs from this past Summer that were burning down businesses, looting, breaking into federal buildings and created violent acts. They are ALL criminal. They should all be convicted and locked away. There is nothing patriotic about violence. NOTHING! That's not to say I won't defend myself or my family if necessary; but I will not create violence to further an agenda. There is a huge difference. Crime and criminals are not uncommon in our country, and even more troubling is anyone that would defend such behavior.Our Constitution allows for us to protest peacefully. It does not say "mostly peacefully." Peaceful protest is a right, and every single right within our Constitution, needs to be upheld and protected to no end. 


The political elites that we continue to elect or reelect into our Congress and Senate should be of more concern, or at least of equal concern, than who is elected for 4-8 years in the White House. Some of these people have been in office since JFK. It's past time for term limits. We the people, have lost our representation in DC.  On both sides of political spectrum, sadly. Democrats hate Republicans, and vise versa, but it's not about them....or it was never meant to be about them. BOTH parties have become power hungry, greedy elites. These are not our rulers, folks. These people are supposed to be elected to represent the people of the districts they are elected for. Public service was not supposed to be about lobbying, special interests, or big corporations. Sure they all play a role, but the American citizens have been pushed to a back burner. There have been so many extremists from both parties, that many millions of Americans have lost their voice of reason. I know I am not alone in my thinking. Many Democrat, Republican and Independent friends have all voiced the same concerns. 


I know our country is very diverse. That is what makes America such an exceptional country. What has taken place in this country over several decades has been shameful. The elite in political positions have divided our country by gender, race, religion, sexual preference and political affiliation. They have continually flamed fires that have caused the messes we currently face. It's not a matter of what divisional category we fall into...for them, it's all about baiting us against each other. It's truly sad. There are rotten, ignorant and criminal people out there...that's what happens when crimes are no longer punished. The largest majority within our country are good, honest, hard working people. It's not about sex, sexual preference, race, religion, or whatever; it's about being good, integrity driven people. It's about each of us looking out for each other, without demanding that one another change to be in complete agreement with the other. 


It is sad to me that no matter how many good people we have among our 330 million person society, that the focus remains on the select propaganda that is inudating the current media outlets. Don't worry, I am not going to throw in any endorsement of any political party, quite frankly, they are all corrupt and out-of-touch. The Republicans saw the acceptable behavior codes of most of 2020, and they decided to take a page out of the play book. The Democrats have played the race/division card so much that that fire is now a raging inferno. I know there is racism out there. I know there are ignorant people out there. The issue I have is that the vast majority of Americans are not like the focused few. I personally do not care what divisional category you fall into. I do care when people I know to be inherently good people are degraded, belittled or attacked for standing beside their beliefs. When someone hurls insults of another for disagreeing with someone else's opinion; that is wrong. 


I live my life by my morals, values, beliefs and being taught to see both sides to every story. There have been 7 presidential elections since I was old enough to vote, I voted 4 times Democrat, 2 times Republican and didn't vote 1 time. By political standards that would have me leaning Democrat. However, my dislike of the direction our country has been on for several years now, has me truly dismayed. Friends, most of us are not that different. Most of us are good people, hard working people, and do our best to respectful as possible. None of the politicians in DC truly listen to their people anymore. It's up to the true Americans to bring our country back together. It's up to the majority of Americans to find a way to get back to the middle of the road. Our government has gotten too big, too powerful, and way too greedy. 


I have strong beliefs that tend to upset most, and while I won't apologize for beliefs, just as you should not apologize for yours, they are not popular. I believe in our Constitution, our Bill Of Rights, our ability to be good citizens. What I don't agree with: big government, politicizing health care, dividing people by ignorant labels, that religion should be in schools(if you accept one, you should accept all), that government should have any involvement in the educational system, or that politicians should be allowed to accept any lobby monies. America was built on self-governing, self-responsibility, limited government, and equal opportunity for all. Yes, I know about slaves, and women's suffrage and Native Americans. ALL of these former mentioned atrocities were before our time. We need American History taught exactly as it happened, so we do not repeat the same pathetic mistakes. It's up to each of us to do our part though. If we walk around feeling entitled, feeling pity for our situations, blaming others for our own lack of responsibilities...this is all the better we will ever have. Sure, there is a great fear of the unknown for many. Every 4 years, there is that fear, and it's driven by media crap saying that one person or the other is the enemy, "Hitler" seems to have been played a LOT over the past 8 years. There is a fear of the extremist people in elected offices. That is undeniable. FROM BOTH PARTIES! 


To anyone that may read this, as an American, I am going to ask several things of our citizens. We know the vote certification has been finalized. Biden/Harris in our next President/Vice-President of the United States. We have elected a Democratic majority to our House and Senate; which eliminates all checks & balance systems. This is not the first time any of the 2020 election circus has happened. The good people of America are the only people that can make our country be an incredible country for all law abiding citizens. It's not about creating new laws, it's about following the current laws, prosecuting criminals, putting them in prison. It's about relearning to respect each other, even if we have different points of view. It's about accepting our differences and celebrating them not polarizing them. It's time the good people of America are celebrated. It's time we stop having to label everyone and everything. We are Americans...not white, brown, red, male, female, straight, bi, gay, catholic, baptist, or whatever. Each of us are Americans first. Between constant wars in both the literal term and the war of words and violence, the isolation from disease, and a whole lot of nonsense; we have come to an impasse. If we continue on the current path, there will be uprisings within our borders. There will be extremists from both parties adding fuel to every fire, and there are some citizens that will do everything possible to stay on their pity party train. We can not play into that dangerous game. That game is what has had our country in uprising since last year. We are better than this. I don't care if you are staunch supporter of a political party, if you are a good person, you should be treated as such. 


I am fearful that many of our rights and liberties are now hanging in a balance. I am concerned that the extremism that has taken over many parts of our government will now be pushing through some very unAmerican protocols. Honestly, since there was no investigation if any of the voter inaccuracies held any merit, I am concerned about future elections. However, the vast majority of our country are good people, law abiding people, and I pray that the majority of good people are able to find a bridge that will be of benefit for all. I will end today knowing that I will always do my best to be one of those good people. I hope others with join in to make a movement of integrity, safety, fairness, and Constitutionally driven Americans.


Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment