Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Priority and Path

 


 

 

 

Once again, one of my favorite online personalities has hit a conversation that I have been thinking about for a little over a week. Ms. Patara, I believe is on the wave length that I am. There is a controversial section in here, so read through it before getting bent out of shape. I have my opinion, just as you have yours.

 

I have shared many thoughts the past several years. From politics, to farm life,  to spiritual growth, and the list goes on. For about a month now, I have really felt myself withdrawing again. I firmly believe in not having to fight every battle, and choosing wisely the ones you do fight. Most days, I choose to let go of things I read, see, or hear; that do not go along with my own beliefs. My personal choices are not up for debate by anyone else. Just as each of you have personal choices that are not for anyone else to judge. I truly believe each of us is on our path and that what we experience is a result of our choices. That being said, in a world that seems to have been shaken up and turned on its head...distractions, temptations, and poor behaviors are rewarded and good/well intentioned people are punished.


Lately, I have found myself digging really deep for answers. You see, when you stand by your own convictions, your own beliefs...many times you are criticized and degraded. Especially, when you choose to put aspects of your life in a priority list. Making this list was suggested by a friend, and it made sense to me. Prioritize your stresses was the actual conversation, but it is now being used for other areas, as well. Not all of us are going to be on the same page, at the same time. When life continues to hand us distractions, you have to constantly reevaluate where you stand. I get frustrated when I attempt to help people, and get too much push back. Well, that is on them, not me. I have made an attempt, but I can not and do not want to live their life...mine is enough for me. What is even more frustrating is when you believe those you include in your life are on the same page, only to find out that they aren't. It brings to mind the phrase, "some people are in your life for a reason, a season or for life." Some of these people just are not meant to stay, and I believe as humans, we are in a constant battle to keep people that are not meant for us. It's difficult to walk away from people that have invested in. Whether that be time, money or even connection. 


Many people are invested through other means too. This area is one that really seems to tick a lot of people off when I try to suggest a different point of view. So, here we go. The religion aspect. I am not religious. I have read the Bible, and I have attended many different "religious denominations." To me they are all the same. I refuse to be judgemental of anyone else's life choices. I just can't do it. There are plenty I disagree with, but their choices are not my cross to bear. I do not need to sit in a building to pray or for whatever Grand Creator there is to hear me. Yes, I believe in a Creator...I just believe many have differing opinions of who/what that is. I believe that evil/devil is in actions...not some being, not someone's personal belief system. I believe this is just another means of divide and conquer amongst people. Like I said, I don't believe what we think we know to be other religions - Buddhism, Muslim, Paganism, or even the First People's beliefs; are inherently bad or even evil. There are just as many that claim to Christian/any denomination, that are sickos. That would make me judgemental, and that goes against what is preached in the Bible. Christians preach that Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins, yet God is going to damn you for the very sins supposedly forgiven. So, we are expected to go out in the world judging people that have chosen different life styles, or different paths? I strongly disagree with that. I also disagree that by preaching to others you are just trying to "save" them. In my view, all that judgement does is cause more divide and animosity. If you feel a fellowship, or conviction to be at a church; that is your path. That does not mean it is everyone's path. 


I believe we have been led astray. Somewhere along the way, we have been led to believe that self righteousness and even self importance is acceptable. Who am I to say, that someone is going to hell for something they have done or said. 90% of the population can read, so they can go read the Bible...just as I did. Their choices are a reflection of their own character...not mine. I can promise you, there probably isn't a soul alive today that has not continuously sinned in some fashion. Stop the division games. I have said this before, probably a million times - "While I may disagree with your choices, behaviors and actions, you have to do what you feel is best for you." I may disagree, I may even say I disagree...but if you are a GOOD person, I will not respect you any less." I'm told on a regular basis that the choices I make in my life are not good, wise, relevant, or whatever...but guess what, IT'S MY LIFE, MY CHOICES, AND MY PATH TO WALK. Even if that means having to walk it alone! I pray, I spend a lot of time speaking to whomever the Creator may be. I am constantly sending gratitude, and asking for guidance. If you resonate with something - go with it, when you don't - let it go. We were never meant to all follow the same path. That is a lot of bunk to start with!


It is always amazing to me how much divide is the focus in our world. Whether that be race, religion, skin color, culture, or whatever. Why are we divided?! Our differences is what makes this world such an amazing place. Yes, I get tired of having crap shoved down my throat. Especially, issues that should not be public issues. What you do behind closed doors or medically...is NO ONE else's businesses....stop making it a public circus. While I personally believe traditional values, that does not mean I am right, or special. It's my PERSONAL beliefs. What I do in my bedroom, in my house or at my doctor's office - is not and should not be up for debate by people that don't matter. 


Guys, are you seeing the same patterns that I am?! When governments get involved in anything, it all becomes a circus. They use our beliefs, our convictions, even our sexual orientations as a means to divide us. Think about it! How many times have we heard racism, in a single day? How many times have gun owners been singled out because of a nutcase that has no value on life? How many times have politicians catered to one "class or another," just to get their votes? Have these governments and politicians actually DONE anything to help any of us? Why do continue to play into their hands? We are smarter than this, folks. At least, we should be. We have a two-party system, that isn't. Both the American parties are corrupt to the core, yet we just keep choosing the lesser of 2 evils. Why is that? Why are we not holding them accountable? If you look into your life, yours alone - are you better off now than you were 4 years ago, 8 years ago, 12 years ago? They are!!! Those people are making billions off of US!!! They will continue to make billions, as long as we stay divided. 


I am going to finish this out with my typical conversation. Please be preparing. Keep no less than a months supply of food, water, medical supplies, pet supplies; anything you could need for month - on hand at all times. I know it's getting harder with the price of everything, I believe it is affecting more and more people all the time. Do you best, and do what you can. I pray that each of you has good health, safety, and are given the guidance you need for whatever path you are on.

Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment