Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Coffee Chat - News Flash

 


Well, let's get into a chat this morning while I wait for my wild child to get up. You see, I usually start my day with education. Whether that be learning some new form of gardening, some new food preservation technique, the "news" or watching a few videos of other's opinions. Sometimes, it is all of the above. As was the case today. My own personal growth is never ending. Learning what kind of crap is being fed to us, has become even more unbelievable...but even more so...it's laughable at how stupidity actually believes it. 


Can you not see the increased cost of EVERYTHING? A perfect example was a phone call from my husband this morning. His words, "what the hell is raising gas prices now?" Fuel prices that were $3.15 a couple days ago, are now $3.50. Right before his call, I had watched a news story about the cost of a barrel of oil going up over $79. It's being said that a 10-25% increase is expected over the coming weeks. This will undoubtedly continue to increase the prices of everything. Is our federal government going to deplete even more of our oil reserve to bring down the cost again? It's already running half what it was in 2020. That strategic oil reserve is meant to be there in the event of war. Not to be used to lie to the American people about where inflation really is. Are you actually buying the 3% inflation rate? By my estimates, it's actually pushing 21%. Which is higher that what it was around the Great Depression. Just today, in now main stream news, the housing market is showing a a 3rd straight year of a decrease in home values. 70+% of the commercial real estate market is done by regional banks. It was said that today, yet another bank has sunk. Pac West is the newest name to add to the growing list like SVB, and Signature. Not to mention the issues being had with the FDIC. I have heard many talking about food shortages starting in August. Do you realize what this is going to do to our already off balance economy? I don't mean to be a downer, but a realist. The people that only shop from store shelves, don't know how to grow their own food...or don't, and those that keep believing if they just keep their heads down, everything will be fine - There's fixing to be a revelation of big proportions! 


The reality is our economy, our country and our people are about to relearn what happened during the Great Depression and the decade that followed. The feds claim that the job market is strong, that consumer confidence is strong, and people supposedly still have stimulous money....it's all complete bull crap!!! People are maxed out on credit/credit cards. People are having to choose to eat, pay bills or buy medication. People are losing jobs/incomes. Employers are working people to just under 40 hours so they can't get insurance, or they are cutting pay/commissions. The overall mental health of our country is in the toilet. Our freedoms are being pulled or limited by a rogue and corrupt system. When a $1 now takes the equivalent of $1.45 to buy the same item....we have BIG troubles. Just LOOK at the big picture, a 40,000 ft. view if you will. Corruption at every level in both political parties, politicizing the Justice Department against politics and the Constitution, a sinking economy, run away debt from the top down, division among citizens/financial classes/ creed/ sex/etc., half truth news, the false sense of opposing view points, everyday/hard working Americans losing everything. Some Americans believing they will just go out in the blaze of glory, by maxing credit cards to take vacations, buying over priced houses, vehicles that lose half their value once you sign on the line, or having to work 2-3 jobs just to pay your bills. 


There are so many areas we could discuss. The one that scares me the most, is the family unit degradation. I know this is not a new issue. I do believe it has been fueled though. When the family unit began to break down, so did everything from economic sense, responsibility, values, morals, and truth. The break down of a family really got bad when divorce & pregnancy prior to marriage became acceptable. I know, this is going to piss off a lot of people...so be it. I believe this and lived through, at least part of it. When it began taking 2 working parents to make ends meet, children became "latch key kids," parents no longer worked together to raise the kids, children became pawns for greedy parents to demand hyped up child support instead of agreeing to co-parent those kids, parents not being the "grown ups" to actually want what was best for the kids...not just themselves. Now, I get there are situations, such as abuse, that require a different direction, but the majority of divorce cases are bogus reasonings. When children are put in the place of  pawns on a game table for the parents, it usually ends poorly for the children. When their isn't a parent at home to be a parent, those children run amok and become heathens...most of the time. They become disrespectful, and turn to get attention in any manner they can - even if it's bad! This has been proven time and time again, in multiple areas of medicine. Sure, you have some that are resilient and work through it, but a large majority do not. Children need discipline, and I am NOT referring to abuse. I am talking about the discipline of mind, body, spirit and soul. In the case of divorce, many children learn they can play a game with the parents. One parent says no, they go to the other that says yes...if nothing more than to defying the ex-spouse. This has brought about a generation that has zero respect for authority. Children need to be taught to think, not just what to think. I have personally seen this. We tell our children to do something, because we said. Well, that is crap. As much as many of us have heard, just because something has been done one way for forever, doesn't mean there isn't another way to do something. I have a severe disagreement with physical discipline. While I did paddle my children when they were little, and wouldn't listen....a swat across the butt was all that was ever needed. My children and I would sit down and discuss what they did wrong. I would explain why what they did could have multiple bad outcomes. However, my children have grown up to be polite and respectful young people. They have moments, don't get me wrong, when I think they need paddled again. My children are no where close to perfect. However, they do have respect for my husband and I; without the need for them to be afraid of us. When there is a problem, they come to us instead of going away from us. That is not to say that my marriage is great either. We have issues, but we also are trying to work through them. Our children are our priority, not our own individual wants. 


Then you have the degradation of fiscal responsibility. At one point, it became acceptable to live outside your means. I mean this quite literal. If you have to borrow money, you are living outside your means. We ALL are. I don't know anyone that didn't have to borrow money to build a house, or buy a new car. We have all had to do this the past several decades. At what cost? Paying twice over for the home you don't get to enjoy because you have to work your fingers to the bone to pay for it? Or miss out on the growing of your children? The stress and strain working nonstop does to relationships? When so many are more worried about financing a vacation, to get away, then they are to pay off their debts....there is a massive problem. Imagine where you would be if you put as much effort into paying off your debts as you did to take that vacation, or buy another unnecessary want. I know I look every single day at how much debt I have paid off, or how much I still have to pay - and we don't buy the best of everything or brand new anything. When I have seen the average debt totals across our country...it makes mine look like nothing. However, I do not want debt, so that is my focus. Break out of the system completely. 


I just can't seem to understand the thought process of some. I really don't even want to. I am too busy focusing on my own house of cards, that unless it is a direct attack to me...I try to avoid all the drama. I just get so upset to see good people hurting so badly from this shit show. I don't place blame on any individual, because this demise in our country is intentional. I just wish more people would see it, open their eyes and stop living in the fake world of consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment