Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Leadership Training Assignment Day 1

Wow, what an assignment this is.  Gotta love being thrown in the ring with gloves off!  This assignment must have 20 people agreeing to monitor their thoughts, actions and reactions for 7 days.  They must agree to try to remain positive even in the darkest of circumstances.

WELL, this assignment could get me a big fat zero real quick.  First of all, I had no idea how negative people have become, nor how unwilling people are to change.  Everyone has an excuse for not trying....kids, spouse, job, "why change...it's gotten me this far," kind of attitude.  It's amazing to me that people in general have advanced any at all.  I wonder if people know that your thoughts today make up who you are tomorrow.  I guess I have been blessed enough to have plenty of mentor ship, training, and and overall good outlook on life for a long time.  That's not to say I don't have days, or even weeks, when I am down and just feeling that the roof is falling in on me...but overall I am in the minority.....I guess.  I had a great teacher in high school that taught be a lot about positive thinking, and believing in myself.  I had a great friend/mentor that reminded me of if years ago, then after my run in with cancer I found God again and realized that everything in this life is his work.  We may ultimately choose our destiny and the path to get there but we are never alone.  Then I started working with an amazing company that insisted that its leaders continually go through training.  Since 2005, I have had a few mentors, and some that were brought back in the light from high school. Since then, I have stayed on a pretty consistent, positive path.  I spent about 6 months not listening to mentors and listening instead to friends and family.  Now, I love my friends and family, but I also wonder how I have gotten as far as I have.  Everyone talks about how life is so hard, and finances don't meet, or this person screwed me, etc, etc.  Everything that has happened in my life is a product of how I have lived my life.  No excuses for me.  I may make mistakes, I may do things that are frowned upon by the hypocrites of this world, and I may just totally tick people off with things I say...but I am always me, even if that "me" changes daily!  I guess I refuse to just be content with whatever happens, happens...I want to make things happen....MY WAY!  By the grace of God, a husband who has tolerated me for almost 12 years, 2 kids that tolerate me daily, and family & friends...I am the best me possible.

As I start, and possibly, end this assignment I know that I am moving in the right direction.  I know I can not change the world, only me.  I also know that success and prosperity are a mind set, not an achievement to be made.  I also know that to be successful, you must align yourself with those of like mind and destination.

I am anxious to see my own thoughts as the week progresses, and to also see how I personally feel in a week.  I know that my heart is light, and my mind is at peace.

Too blessed to be stressed!
Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment