Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reinventing who we are....can it be done?

As a wife, and Mom, and business owner....you learn to be one person with MANY different personalities.  So, when the opportunity to take a psych class through one of my businesses presented itself, I had to jump on the opportunity.  However, the very first assignment is proving to be difficult already.  The assignment:  find 20 people willing to become cansciencious of the negativism in their lives and try to get through 7 days without it and readjusting their negativism to positive energy.  HOLY MOSES!!!!!  Although I try to do this, I have found myself becoming negative on occassion and then it takes awhile to readjust my personal habits.

So, my first thought, go to facebook and ask some of my friends to try it.  Oh my, 4 responses and not a single person that thinks they can do it. Wow.  At what point did our society find it acceptable to become so negative? No wonder our children are out of control, people can't ever recover from job loss, or advance beyond their current financial situations. 

So, for the next 7 days, I plan to document my personal week of Non-Negative thinking.  I know that I will not be perfect, as no one is, but maybe over the next week, I can find enough meta-data to convince myself that not everyone is totally negative.

Now, to let the journey begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment