Friday, June 22, 2012

Fabulously Friday!

Good Morning Friends! 

After almost 2 weeks of one obstacle after another, I am seriously ready to turn this page and move on!  I woke up this morning and found myself feeling much better about the overall outlook I have.  I am going to contribute this attitude change to some serious "garden therapy," last night.

The first time I heard the term, "garden therapy," it was from one of my Aunts.  I have since taken the term, to new heights for me.  Although my Aunt has beautiful gardens of flowers, and vegetables.  I have used my therapy time to to plant, weed, and harvest the foods we will eat throughout the coming Winter.  When I get to be in the garden, my hands covered in dirt and stained green from pulling weeds, you begin to feel at peace with nature.  Since March, I have spent several hours in my gardens, even had to replant 2 of them from Spring storms.  I love my garden time.  Garden time/therapy, is a time to just BE.  You can have a few quiet moments, you can pray, or you can simple take in the beauty of nature and all she provides us with.  Sometimes, just sitting in the dirt, listening to the birds sing, the bullfrogs croak, and the crickets chirp; is all it takes to quiet the mind, body and soul.

On this Fabulous Friday, I am going to share some of my favorite pictures on Hayfield Homestead Face Book page.  Our little homestead has grown in leaps & bounds over the past 8 months.  We are continually blessed with such a beautiful home, and farm.  Although we have encountered many trials, and many lessons learned...we feel we have really made great accomplishments.  If you haven't found us on Face Book yet, give us a "look-see."  And don't forget to visit our web site hayfieldhomestead.com. 
~Sal

No comments:

Post a Comment