Friday, August 31, 2012

What are your thoughts?!

"There is a very large gap between being intelligent and being wise."
~Sal~


I have sat here and thought all day about so many different things.  I am a notorious thinker/analyzer.  I wonder if so many people are so educated, why are they so stinkin' ignorant?  How can someone who appears to be so collected be such a mess?  I believe sometimes, people get so caught up in whatever is going on, at that moment, they neglect the very things or people that mean the most to them.  Most people seem to have to be continuously busy to keep so resemblance of normalcy in their lives.  Too many people don't remember how to stop the insanity, stop the constant information highway(TV), turn off the computer and cell phones, and just be.

I may not have the perfect life, or a fairy tale...but I have an amazing life.  It's never dull around here.  Having the kids with me all the time is always an adventure!  Then you mix in the housework, the horses, cows, chickens, pigs, dogs and cats....it's the makings of complete chaos if I let it get there.

Social media has proven an effective source for keeping up with family & friends around the world.  It has also become an effective source for people to vent their dirty laundry.  Too many times, people will voice an opinion and others are quick to jump in with their own opinion, and then you have an online argument over who is right.  Too many times, rather than letting someone voice their opinion on their own information highway in they way they choose to...too many with differing opinions feel the need to voice uninformed or biased opinions.  If one opinion differs from another, it's not a big deal..until the differing opinion becomes an online argument.  That in and of itself seems kind of illogical to me.  What is the point of arguing online?  Are you seriously sitting on the opposite side of the computer yelling and pointing your finger?  Kind of funny to think about, don't you think?!

Now, this bring me back to the original reason for this blog.  I sat here reading through the news feed this evening wondering:: how many people actually read these blogs?  How many people would read these blogs if there was a certain topic or idea being discussed?  What types of topics would interest readers to bring them back to this blog, anxiously awaiting the next and eager to learn whatever wisdom I could give them?  It got me thinking.  So, I did what everyone seems to be doing now and posted the question: "what types of topics/issues would interest you?"  As usual, my personal experience on social networks has been "blah" at best.  

So, I will pose the question to my readers - "What types of topics would you be interested in seeing me write about?"  I prefer something that I have some knowledge in, however, I will research whatever is necessary.  Leave a comment to let me know!
~Sal~

No comments:

Post a Comment