Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My heart breaks


"My heart breaks when my family is hurt by others actions!"


It's hard enough to see the hurt on a child's face and in their eyes when something happens that you, can not understand. Especially when that child is wanting to know an explanation. It's hard to explain how family members can treat each other in that manner. Then you have the pain of heart break when it happens to an adult in your family too. When the adult is hurting, and trying not to show it, you see and feel a whole other emotion. It begins as hurt for them, and turns to anger for the others involved.

Having family, to me, means that you love, respect, and cherish the relationships you have with them. If you don't have a relationship with them, look in the mirror to see if your actions have caused the problem.

As we gear up for what's proving to be an interesting season, I am learning real quick how little family truly means to some. I have dealt with the explanations of issues that I don't fully understand, and I am dealing with the hurt both my husband and I are faced with.

It's hard to understand how family can be so hurtful to each other, but we also know, that our little family is close and close ties will never be broken. Those that choose to be included in our lives, will always have our loyalty, love and respect. Those that choose convenience will still hold a place in our hearts, but not a priority.

In our lives, maturity, responsibility, respect and love goes a long way! We treat others the way we are treated. I can only hope that someday others will learn and value family the way that we have.
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment