Thursday, March 7, 2013

This is me....


I am such an opinionated person, and honestly...it's caused me a lot of grief. This however, will not change who I am, and what I think! In the grand scheme of things, it would probably have saved me a lot of arguments if I kept my mouth shut...but I would also be neglecting my own thoughts, opinions, morals and values. While I grew up quick as a child, I learned early on that whenever your opinion differs from others you are labeled either a trouble maker, or an extremist. In later years, I have been labeled everything from weird, to being too opinionated to being a hippy. All I can say, is this:

I am a wife, a home schooling, stay-at-home-mom, I have a home business, I believe in my Constitutional rights, I believe the Bill of Rights, I believe it is my right to keep and bear arms, I believe it is my right to voice my opinion, I believe it is my right to live my life as I deem right(without harming others), I believe it is my right to raise my children as I see fit, I believe it is my right to decide the best health care options for my family, I believe it is my right to know what is put in my food and to be able to make educated decisions on whether to eat it or not, I believe that it not my place to judge anyone by their choices, I believe that everyone is entitled to live their lives how and with whom they chose(without harming anyone) and without being judged by others. I believe that I am a woman, NOT a victim. I may be made on a smaller scale than male counterparts, but I am only limited by my own beliefs. I do not believe I am entitled or feel resentful if someone makes more money or has more success than I do. I believe jealousy is a waste of time and energy, and stems from insecurity. I do not classify myself - politics, religion, or class. I am a United States citizen of Irish, Native American, German and English descent. I believe in a higher power of creation, I am not concerned with the continual battle of God versus evolution. I am more concerned with being available to help family, friends and neighbors than I am with helping people I do not know. I am a firm believer in living a minimalistic life and not competing with anyone. I can be comfortable in heals and a evening dress or suit, just as I can be comfortable in jeans, work boots, and thigh high in manure. I love my organic style gardens, I love herbal remedies and natural health, I love spending time with our animals, and my life revolves around my husband and my kids. I stay current on politics and current news, I only half believe what the media reports, and always research/educate myself on anything that comes into our lives. I believe that government has overstepped it's intention and that too many have become dependent on government handouts. I believe it's a sad day when jealously, envy and lack of work ethic become cause to take "from the rich and give to the poor." While I also believe that when it comes to taxes, everyone should pay their fair share...although taxes were not intent to be permanent. I believe if I go out and spend too much, take out too many loans, or rack up credit card debt...that is my own fault. Not something that requires a law, or an over sight panel, or even constitutes government intervention. I believe that while college is necessary for specialized careers, college should not be a requirement to get a job, nor should it cost more to get than a new home. I believe that the intervention by government into our health care is atrocious! It wasn't enough to have non-medical degree pencil pushers telling policy holders what would and would not be covered under their plans...Those are between doctor and patient. Just as privacy is continually being taken from the hands of Americans citizens, now health care has become a requirement and not something you got if you could afford it. I personally will still not carry actual health insurance, but instead opt for a health care discount plan and save our family thousands of dollars every year. Especially since they won't cover natural health anyway! I am a firm believer that anyone, can accomplish anything if they are willing to work for it, and be willing to put in the effort. I believe we are only limited in our potential by those we associate with, and the limits we place on ourselves.

While this is just a brief summary of who I am, I think this gives an accurate description of what I stand for! I am not Democrat, I am not Republican, I am not rich, nor am I poor, I make my own decisions and don't blindly follow the masses. I am an American, the grand-daughter/daughter of veterans - who so believed in their country and her Constitution, that they chose to fight for her and for our rights. I am a descendant of those native to America, whose red skin has been abused, neglected, and taken for granted for hundreds of years; not to mention 3 fiery tempered heritages. I do not feel that I have been wronged and expect everyone to pay for the radical/racist moves of people hundreds of years ago. I do however expect people to grow up, let go of a past you can not change and start today, treating each other with respect. I do not associate with people that only bring negativity, I do not tolerate disrespect of my family or I, and I will argue my point until it is heard. I am not afraid to stand on my own two feet, even if it means standing alone, nor am I afraid to defend myself by whatever means are necessary. I am capable of doing/being ANYTHING I choose...and no one will tell me any different. I am capable of taking care of myself, if necessary and am not afraid of being alone. I do not believe that my circumstances dictate the path I choose. I believe in treating others as they treat me.



This is me. Good, bad, or otherwise...this is who I am. This is what I stand for. This is what I believe and what my values are. For those new to my blog, and who think they know me...this is me. Whether you agree with me in whole or part, I expect my beliefs to be respected and I will respect yours, even if I don't agree with them.

Hoping you can define who you are, what your beliefs are, and what your values are. Our grand creator is the only true judge of the life you live. It's up to you to live a life of intent.

~Sal~

No comments:

Post a Comment