Saturday, May 24, 2014

My return to building furniture...


Lumber....$125.00, Hardware....$10.00, Gel Stain(Cabernet color)....$10, Doors...free(recycled), the pride of building it yourself....PRICELESS!!!


As some of you know, I ventured back into building furniture the past few weeks. I found a bedroom suite set but the price was over $3000. I am too cheap to spend that. So, with some help, I was able to get my hands on 2 old doors out of a house that is falling down and they were free. So, I decided to throw a few different ideas all into one...and ta da....an idea formed and I began building. Each piece seperately, had me beginning to question my designs....but I plugged along anyway. Now, my husband and I have put it all together in our newly remodeled bedroom and it looks beautiful! I love it, and am proud of the work I have done.



The bed frame being built.



The first night stand built.



One of the recycled doors.



The second recycled door.



The finished foot board.
And drum roll please......
The finished products - headboard, foot board, bed frame, and 2 night tables...



This set is something I am very proud of. I have not built any furniture in more the 17 years. I do believe, I will be working more in the future. I am currently working on some built in shelves and desk unit. I will have more pictures as I go!

~Salli~

No comments:

Post a Comment