Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Feeling Overwhelmed




I really need this reminder a lot lately! Trying to juggle everything is really taking its toll on my stress levels. Knowing all the positives that are awaiting us, is not helping. After several years of negative energy around us, being able to see such amazing possibilities is like dangling a carrot in front of me.

We have our house for sale, a contract on the new house, a new job patiently waiting, and a completely different life style just outside arms reach. I'm already tired of tripping over boxes, not being able to clean the way I want to because of boxes everywhere, and feeling completely unsettled is about enough to make a saint crazy!

We've had some interest in our house here, but nothing set in stone. It's become a hassle to try to keep the house presentable while trying to pack, still live here, and keep our lives going. We are nearing the end of the kids school year, and that will take a few hours each day off of my schedule, but keeping up with meals, cleaning, dishes, laundry, and packing is still making me exhausted! We have about a month until our closing date on the new house...and that is pushing the need to sell our house, even more trying.

5 days ago, I ended up sick. Yes, stress absolutely, triggers illness in me. If I get sick...there is a lot of stress in my life. I am still struggling to get through each day before running out of energy. Feeling so crappy, with so much to do, just doesn't coincide. Hubby has 2 weeks left of his current job before his new job begins, and we are looking at having to temporarily divide our lives until this house sells. I am not happy about this. It's hard enough doing what we've been doing for the past 2 weeks, let alone living 400 miles apart, while making the transition.

I know everything will work itself out, eventually, but in the meantime...it's going to be a big, giant pain in the ass! We are making changes to what little we have to sell, in price...but not willing to just give this stuff away either. I really do not understand how or why, people willingly move or buy/sell homes!

With all this said, I am positive we are making the necessary changes. I'm certain we are making a positive step forward for our family, and when all is said and done, we will be able to find what we need. Until then, the stress is weighing on me. I've been packing the non-essentials, but it's time to finish packing. I have been patiently, waiting for the point that we need to only have bare essentials out. The time has come. With just 4 weeks until the closing of the new house, it's time. It's time for simplicity!

I'm tired! I'm exhausted! I am mentally overwhelmed! Designating jobs that need done, doesn't seem to be working, so I suppose I will grab my DayQuil, take a few deep breaths, and do what needs done. I have just a few weeks to have this house and sheds packed up and ready to move, and it's not getting done while I bitch and moan about it. So, I am off to run a few errands today, and get some packing done, while teaching my kids, fixing meals, paying current bills, keeping the laundry pile manageable, and keeping the realtor and new bank in the loop of what's going on and keeping our new paperwork moving smoothly.

Keep me in your prayers and good energy, that I will be able to manage the stress without any more or serious illness, that everything needing sold/finished will be done, and that our coming month of travel and divided lives will give us a springboard to much better things.

Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment