Friday, December 28, 2018

Chapter 44 - Another year




It's always so mind-boggling for me to hear people complain about their birthday! I for one, LOVE my birthday!! Every single one I get to celebrate, means I've made it another year. Just as we should each thank God every morning, that we get to open our eyes, and have another chance to make a difference.

Today, is my birthday. Today, I turned 44, and in my eyes...that means the start to a fresh year for me. One that I hope and pray will be my best year yet!!! While having a December birthday has always been kind of a see-saw, so to speak, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Many of us December babies, remember growing up getting all our gifts on Christmas, or getting left out of taking treats to school for our classmates. While that was difficult as a kid, one thing in my eyes has always stood out; All of us December babies, have the most beautiful decorations, and the kindest time of the year, that we get to enjoy...THE ENTIRE MONTH!!!

I am sure that I am no different than others when it comes to making New Year's Resolutions...make them, slack off, and within a few months...POOF! Resolutions are forgotten! Years ago, I began setting my goals, between Christmas and Birthday. That gave me 3 days to evaluate, expand or eliminate goals. I decided that while New Year's was great for setting resolutions that were never kept, maybe setting my goals and beginning my own new year, on my birthday, I could work towards my goals instead of letting the things that mean something to me, just be brushed aside.

Today begins my 44th year, and my new goals. The past several years have been really hard on me in every aspect. I am working my way back to where I want to be the coming year. Nothing happens overnight, and I don't expect it to. However, I have been accused my entire life of being stubborn, hard-headed or strong-willed(which ever you prefer); I don't see a good reason not to use that to my advantage!

As I begin the journey through this next year, I hope to take you all along with me; through blogs, photos, and even social media. While some of the most impacting events will never be spoken of, my 44th year on this earth, is sure to be an exciting adventure with twists, turns, ups, downs, and hopefully a lot of happy moments!!!

I look forward to my journey and sharing it with you!
Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment