Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Natural Health




The basis of natural health is finding balance between mind, body and spirit. When one area is not in harmony, it throws all areas out of balance; thereby allowing for ailments to invade your body.



Today, I have asked a few questions on my social media page. As someone whom takes natural health and wellness very seriously, it appears that mental health is playing a large role in the decline of overall health. With statistics proving that marriage/divorce rates has almost hit the 50% level, that plays into mental health states. That being said, relationships as a whole, comes into play. As the mental health area has become part of a daily conversation, it begs attention to find balance.

In a group focused on natural health, March has become the month to focus on mental health. The first topic, relationships. Since so many have had more than one, and can(if they chose to) focus on finding the right partner in life, with realistic expectations. The spectrum of finding balance changes over time. I know personally, what I wanted in a relationship in my 20's in no where even close to what I want now.

So, this weeks questions were presented: "Knowing what you know today, what would your response be? 1. When it comes to relationships, how has the criteria changed for what you would look for in a partner/relationship? 2. Whether you are married or single, what type of person would you look, what qualities?"

For me personally, I have been in my relationship for 21 years. I can not ever remember being a big advocate for marriage, and after nearly 20 years, I'm still not. I do believe in relationships, and a good relationship not only takes constant effort but is achievable. So, when this research request went out, I thought I'd do a little research with the help of social media. I sat down, and starting thinking of how I'd answer these questions, and really had to think hard. I have changed through the years. So of the changes have been my own while others were made as a result of areas in my life that forced me to change.

So, if you were to answer this research request, how would answer it? I sat down down since receiving it, and tried to pinpoint my own responses. It hasn't been easy. Really, it's been incredibly difficult, especially knowing my own flaws. Well, I'm going to share my thoughts.

With what I know today, I believe that a relationship has to be constantly flowing. It takes both people giving 100% to make or break a relationship. IF I had to look for a relationship today, it would be based on trust, loyalty, communication, intelligence, secure within themselves and a relationship, respect, being more positive than negative, accepting of my quirks, and open-minded. The qualities are not much different but have had many things added through the years. Those are: compassionate, genuine, positive, someone willing to be a partner not just a room mate, someone willing to think outside the proverbial box, someone that is secure enough not to be a jealous/obsessive type, understanding the importance of togetherness but also the need for independence, intelligence not just in books but also common sense, trustworthy and loyal, someone with a sense of humor but also understanding of the time and place for humor, affectionate, accepting of my strong will and being very opinionated, knowing me well enough to read my silence or facial expressions, understanding that my children will always be my first priority, and understanding that low maintenance does not mean no maintenance. I'm afraid my standards now are pretty high.

So, as the day continues, and I get messages both private and public, I'm curious to see how this all comes about in my group tomorrow. For those who have giving their input, thank you! It's truly interesting to see the statistics compared to real research group answers.

Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment