Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Welcome Spring! A little coffee chat




Spring! Whatever you may refer to it as; Spring Equinox, Spring Solstice, or just plain Spring...It's finally here!!


So many things change, sometimes by the minute. With Spring upon us, this is a time for a fresh start, a new beginning. Spring is the time of rebirth. When the grass begins to turn green, buds begin appearing on trees, flowers begin emerging from the soil, and for my household; it's a time to begin spending many hours outdoors. Rebirth, fresh start, awakening from the Winter slumber; it finally Spring!!!

With Spring, also is the reminder of how much must be repaired after the gusty winds/snow of Winter. It's fence repairs, driveway repairs, replanting grass that has died out through Winter, it's cleaning up the yard and gardens to prepare for another garden and mowing season. It's wondering if any trees have not withstood the cold, and how much longer until we can get the gardens tilled. It's counting down weeks before needing to fill the hummingbird feeders, seeing the first Robin of Spring(saw March 10th). It's planning for repairs, additions, and alterations...and hoping that we can accomplish it all. This Spring, has also brought the Full Worm Moon.

This Spring, has brought yet more understanding for me. I've struggled through many issues in my life. The thing that I'm selfishly proud of...I have never given up. I have fought, stepped back, educated myself, prayed( A LOT), and sought answers to what I didn't know. I've persevered through a few cultural and life changing events, I've stayed true to my own beliefs even if I didn't understand them, and each day...I vow to be a better person than I was yesterday.

I've struggled with getting kicked while I was down, but even then, there was a lesson to be learned. I have accepted that I am a little more reserved but eccentric than some, but overall I am happy with me. I'm not perfect by any shape of the word, but perfectly flawed to fulfill a purpose on this Earth with people who cross my path. Each of us have connected to others, and we may never completely understand the "coincidence" of it. Here's the thing. In my eyes, there are no coincidences, everything happens for a reason, even when we may not understand it at the time.

This amazing journey we each take, called life, is full of ups and downs. The hardest thing, at times, is accepting what is given to us, is a lesson to be learned. Sometimes, we are too stubborn to learn when its first given to us, so we keep being given those hard lessons until we learn. Other times, we are forced to accept that greed, or corruption, or ignorance is just normal for some. I've said for many years, life is like a cha-cha...2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

This year, I'm having to make some changes that I'm not entirely sure about just yet. Overall, I am hopeful they will be positive and take the direction I believe to be the best...but I'm just not certain. I'm hoping for a year filled with happiness, peace and less struggle.

I know Spring is just a transition for the sun, but I believe it's a transition for some people too. My own personal transitions began several years ago. I've had to learn to release hurts that can never be healed, words that knocked me down but were forgotten, and angers that I have no control over. We can't got back in life to handle anything, we just have to move forward. Praying for those who have done us wrong, those who have hurt us; all while looking with enlightened eyes. Eyes that can see the difference between childhood angers/hurts, clear to where we are today. We have to accept what we have been through, forgive those who have hurt us, honor those who have been good to us, and strive to never let the toxicity of keeping up with others to entice us.

As the first day of Spring 2019, I pray that each of you be blessed with love, light, passion, education and fulfillment of your goals.

Happy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment