Thursday, May 5, 2022

Are you crazy?!

 


Ok, Karen....yes, I'm crazy! My eye rolls just keep getting louder!!! You know what's crazy? Crazy is believing anything put on television, that "government is here to help," and not being prepared to care for your family as inflation and prices are increasing by the day!


So, there's one in every crowd. That person that listens to the news and says the only bad thing happening besides the war in the Ukraine is that "horrible Amber Heard." Seriously?! It's not bad that millions of chickens and turkeys are being slaughtered for supposed "Avian Flu?" It's not bad that in less than 2 months there have been over 30 food processing plants go up in flames, have planes flown into them, or explode?! It's not bad that the majority of the products used in America come from China...and their 2 main ports are now shut down...which means no production, no shipping in or out, and nothing coming into our ports to replenish the shelves at our stores? Oh wait, I forgot, all that stuff just grows on those shelves and in those coolers, right?! It's not bad that we have American citizens, Veterans, starving to death on our streets already but those elected to the highest offices are sending billions overseas?! So, who's crazy?


I'm crazy, because I choose to be pro-active, and prepared. I'm crazy, because I choose to be concerned about others...some of whom, obviously don't care about themselves?! Yeah, maybe that does make me crazy. I still live by: God, Family, Country. It's not just a cleaver trend for me. I still believe in helping those who are trying to help themselves. I still believe in being a good neighbor and friend. I still believe that my community is important. I still believe in family meals, family farming, and family traditions. I still believe that ALL medical decisions should be between doctor and patient. I still believe in our Constitution and Bill of Rights are the law of the land. What I don't believe; political correctness, government intrusion, big brother status, out spending the national budget to support countries that hate us or bribe us. I don't support violence, unless it's the last line of defense. 


I have spent the last 3 years, diving into some incredibly horrifying information. When a news story caught my attention, that was claiming to be have been debunked, I decided to dig and see if there was any truth to severity of that story. What I found, and what has come out of that research...turned into a web of information that proves nearly everything we have been taught and lead to believe, has been nothing more than a crock of crap. That being said, what I have learned, is that without critical thinking and researching for myself, I can't believe a word that comes out of any media source. Sadly, the same is true with many elected positions, even locally. I spoke with an elected representative today. I asked what his thoughts were on the food supplies, chains and what he thought about people being prepared. His answer, although brief because he really didn't want to talk about it, was "of course, everyone should have a food supply of 2 weeks stocked up, but no one in politics would say that part out loud," because they didn't want to cause a run on supplies. So, instead we're going to let people suffer, instead of saying something, about being prepared and having a 2 week supply on hand at all times? Seriously?! The guy was nice enough, he was young, but I got the politician vibe. Playing a word salad game. 


So, while the politicians play that game, I'm going to be real. Get a 2 week minimum supply, period! Make sure you have foods that have a shelf life. Make sure you have the meds you may need. Make sure you have a first aid kit, batteries, water and pet supplies. Even if, by the grace of God, we don't need it! If you don't, then donate it to a local food pantry. No harm, no foul. But God forbid, if those grocery shelves go empty, you will not starve. We have to stop waiting for the news or some government official to tell us what to do. I'm not saying run out and buy ALL the toilet paper, ALL the mac & cheese, or ALL the soup! I'm saying go out and spend $10-$20 every week or so, and get some things you can put in a corner, JUST IN CASE!!! 


This is not crazy thinking. This is being responsible. This is being pro-active. This is using your head for more than a hat rack! I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen the prices of many things double, already! I've seen many empty shelves. I've seen what the increased cost of fuel is doing locally. It's blatantly obvious that nothing is being done to correct any of this. Unless, of course, your head is still in the sand. If you are willing to take the chance that "the government is going to help," I guess, more power to you. Typically, that just means things will get worse! How much worse must things get before it is visible to even those with their heads in the sand? 


So, I guess I will end with this. Sure, it may seem crazy in the world we have lived in. We've had it generally, easy for 50 years. We've never had to go without, worry about feeding our children, worry about shortages or rationing. Most of us, have never stood in a bread line. For most of us, the biggest stress is when the internet goes out or our cell phones don't work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment