Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Why is truth so threatening?

 


 

 

Do you remember playing truth or dare as a kid? I rarely ever chose dare...truth was easier...usually. The truth today seems to be so shrouded, that when you attempt to be truthful, you are ostracized and demeaned.  So, this has me asking:  "are others too oblivious to see it, too brainwashed or just uneducated." 


Truth is not something you have just an opinion on. Truth is truth even if no one agrees with it. There isn't a my truth, your truth, etc. Truth has facts to back it up, YOU just have to be intelligent enough to seek whether something is true or made up. Sadly, I watched a news channel over the weekend, spewing information that literally took me less than 10 minutes to prove wrong. But, because it was on the news...it must be true. I hear this a lot! Well, what you are saying isn't on the news, so it must not be true/you are just a conspiracy theorists, or any number of other derogatory blanket statements. Typically, when those statements are made, I just shake my head and realize I am in the wrong crowd of people. I don't need people to agree with everything I say. I want people around me that bring their own RESEARCH, NOT OPINION!! I do my best to not speak on subjects that I have little knowledge about. I research because I choose to be educated. Yes, it takes a LOT of time to research all that I have. In my eyes, that is my job as an American citizen to KNOW what B.S. our government, our media and the world are feeding us. I will not be a sheep lead to slaughter because I chose to ignore, down play or just follow a crowd. I question and research everything!I don't care if you are watching Fox, ABC, MSN, or whatever main stream media there is...you are not being told the truth. Turn them off!


When the numbers were released yesterday about the Black Friday thru cyber Monday shopping, I was floored! A large majority of citizens are struggling to pay their bills, buy food and pay for medications; yet nearly $7 trillion was spent over 5 days?! I personally didn't see a single ad that was "jump off the page" good. Just 6 weeks ago, the TV's were cheaper than Black Friday! How many TV's do people need?! Thanksgiving alone - this year was nearly $30 higher than last year, and nearly $60 higher than 2019. So, when nearly 75% of this country live paycheck to paycheck...WHY was the spending so high? I get buying gifts, but really....if you can't cover a $400 emergency with your savings...you should probably not be maxing out credit cards to buy a bunch of unnecessary stuff. Our economy continues to get worse, yet so many refuse to quit their addiction to spending frivolously. In multiple financial classes I have taken, it states that you should be able to allocate no less than 20% of your income to savings. While I personally can not do this now, I can't help but wonder if anyone could. That would mean living on only 80% of your income. When the governmental numbers claim that 65% of American's have $400 or less in actual savings....either there is a whole lotta people living below the poverty line, or a whole lot living outside their means! Either way is sad!


Christmas time is something I have always valued as a time to gather with loved ones. There is quite a mixed bag of thoughts when it comes right down to it. I love our gatherings with family and friends. I love to give but refuse to break our budget to do so. I also do not do well at accepting gifts. I appreciate them, but would rather see others do something to improve their own lives...that is the best gift for me! I don't need more stuff. My biggest and best gift is always my family. On the other hand, there are people that have to be excessive. They want the attention of giving the biggest, most expensive or most sought after gifts. They find it necessary to draw attention to themselves, make themselves look important or just be the center of attention. I have no use for that. Years like this one, the only gifts I focus on are the ones for my kids. Each year, our family hosts a Christmas Open House. This means I spend a week baking and making all kinds of goodies, and that one day...we open our home to friends, family and neighbors to enjoy. It's time for everyone to remember the important part of life - fellowship and kinship. That is our gift to others. I am happy to stand back and let everyone interact how they will, but it's not about me or my family being in a spotlight. We are just the vehicle in which we all can get back to the root of the holidays. 


I know there are many that like to argue whenever I share much. Although I realize quickly that most just have to argue, to do so. There are some that are now sending me information that I researched a while ago, as they are just seeing through the veil. I am truly happy that more are becoming aware. The hard part for me is where I am in my own research. Interestingly enough, and maybe this is the cusp of the problem, research is just like pulling on a thread on a sweater. The more you pull, the more it unravels. Digging into what has been happening in our world is a shock. A conversation, just yesterday, was interesting. Someone had seen how the media has been not so truthful, and they couldn't grasp how so many in the media could be bought and paid for. When I commented that all these media outlets were owned by 6 corporations, it made more sense. You wouldn't know that without diving in. It will push you into a state of cognitive dissonance state. It's difficult for people to grasp how much they have been and ARE being lied to. 


I think I will finish out today with this:  I remember my children having a book when they were younger, that was teaching about details. You know the ones, what is different from picture to picture or finding items in a picture that don't belong. American's, at this point, should be doing a "where's Waldo" search.What is wrong with the current picture of the United States? Even the most unaware can see that things are not right, even if they don't want to admit it. When you start looking into laws, executive orders, and continuity of government....it all makes more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment