Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Strategizing "Back to Basics"

 


I have taken so many notes over the past few months...my table is looking pretty cluttered! One area that my husband and I have talked a lot about is getting back to basics. Things that are quickly being forgotten or never taught to our younger generations, and honestly even some of our older generations too. It's amazing to talk to people and learn that a majority don't know how to garden, cook from scratch, what certain utensils are or as simple as what is considered a common courtesy. So, here is a break down of my outlined plans for this series. I may do these in sections with blogs and videos...we'll see what we can get arranged. 


Back to Basics Series:

* What preparation means to me 

* Cooking - learning how to use spices, wines, and vinegars

* Cooking - from scratch

* Preparing budget friendly meals even on a shoe string budget

* Growing and raising your own fruits & vegetables

* Preserving food - from gardens, farmers markets and stores

* What can you freeze?

* Changing flavors with spices

* Forgotten Common Courtesies and Respect

* Proper Table Setting

* Kitchen Gadgets and their uses

* Food preservation tools and uses

* Cooking meat without drying it out

* Best oils to cook with and infusing oils

* Health properties of spices

* Differentiating wants vs. needs

* Learning to be frugal

* Understanding assets - paper vs. real


So, what do you think? Are there any other areas you'd be interested in learning a different perspective from? I am not going to tell you my thoughts are right for everyone, these are just the ways I do things, the way I cook, the way I plan, etc. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Let's see if we can make 2024 a better year for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment