Friday, January 11, 2019

What in my world...




A day in my world is a bit crazy, but there's never a dull moment!

So here's a peek at my crazy life. The days begin with my hubby usually waking me up so we can have coffee together and start the day. Now, before you go all googly-eyed and think how sweet that is...it's not usually. It's the time of day that we have a few minutes without young ears and opinions. So, there are times it can be pretty much the start of a bad day. Then my oldest is up and wanting to chat. This is truly one of those remarkable mom moments. He is 18, yes a teenager that still talks to his mom, usually every morning. Sometimes, I think it's the most wonderful gift...other times, I'm wondering who this child is that has invaded my space. Through all the good and bad, my teenager still talks to me every day. We discuss everything from school work, to chores, to our little farm and the issues that ensue it, to his long-time girlfriend, to anything else he decides he wants to share. Then, it's on to getting him in gear for his morning chores and school work. Being a home school mom takes determination. There are seriously a million questions you get from those outside the realm of homeschooling, but you also get the "gift" of relearning so much too. By this point he is in his independent learning area, and it's time for me to work on my volunteer time for the veteran foundation I work with. By lunch time, my youngest has decided it's time to wake up and start her day. We eat lunch, the 3 of us, and have a some conversations about the rest of the day plans. Then I have the lovely clean up, while the kids are burning off some energy. My oldest finishes up his daily school work, my youngest begins her school work for the day, I am rushing through dishes, laundry and the prep work for supper. By 3 in the afternoon, I am ready for a nap! Then the evening chores begin, my youngest is finishing her school work, and I'm cooking supper, while working on my volunteer work, and fielding about 18 phones throughout the day. By this time, my hubby is home and asking a million questions about the day, talking about what happened in his day, and I'm hearing from all of them, "what's for supper?" Supper is a time that I expect us to sit as a family, without cell phones or television, and talk. This usually works, but not always. After supper, I am usually ready to find a comfy chair, a cup of coffee or cappuccino and curl up for the evening. Usually I leave putting the leftovers up to my son and husband, the table is cleared, and most of the time dishes are done. Then my oldest disappears to his room to talk on the phone, my youngest disappears into her videos or video games, my husband is scrolling through facebook and too engrossed in it to care about much else...or he's snoring beside me in his recliner. So, that leaves me, and if I'm not still working on my volunteer stuff...I'm curled up with a book.

Fortunately, or otherwise, my kids have gotten old enough to not be as demanding as they once were. This is sometimes difficult as a mom. when they transition out of that phase of needing you all the time and into the one that they don't...it can get pretty lonely and pretty boring. I'm in this phase, and it really kind of sucks. I don't have much for hobbies, and since my husband has this obsession for scrolling on his phone for hours or snoring in the chair...I'm left to pretty much boredom after our evening meals.

So, you have gotten a glimpse into my little chaotic world. Once Spring gets here, I'll be throwing in all the gardening, all the food preservation, and any new little critters that may be added to our little homestead.

Thanks for reading!
Salli

No comments:

Post a Comment