Monday, March 11, 2024

Coffee Chat, rant and always more

 

I always tell myself that I need to make things short and sweet. It rarely happens that way. Spending nearly 99% of my time on the farm, means I have very few conversations with actual people. Sure, I "talk" to a lot of people online, through text and a few phone calls. Actual in person conversations, are a rarity. Most of the time, this is probably for the better. I don't have much of a filter from brain to mouth, and I typically don't give 2 cents what people think of me. That doesn't play well with so many that have an image to maintain. I don't have the "right" name to be included in my county, which is also ok, for the most part. 


My son and I were talking a few days ago, about being part of a community. Living as rural as we do, it's difficult to be claimed in communities. Although our address is not even part of the county we pay taxes to, it was prior an address for an entirely different state. Many of us living in this rural setting, are considered the laplanders. This is an area that has bounced between 2 different states...and is quite frankly, forgotten about....except when they want tax money. We are literally 3 miles from 3 counties, in 2 states. Our closest towns, are 15 minutes away in a different state...or 25 minutes in our state. While I love living rural, and would not change most things...it is frustrating. I could go on and on about this. Most of us, in my area, are connected, we try to check in on each other. We help each other when it's needed, and we watch out for each other. While there have been some new folks to start venturing into this area, they have not made the same attempts. It begs the opinion that they believe themselves to be an island. Meaning, they think they can manage with their "city/town" thinking out here where the fire/ambulance district can't find us, it takes nearly an hour to get police to, and all the crazies that try to outrun the law...end up here, including illegals that have already been run out of the conservation area a half mile from my house. 


So, this is a great segway into mass exodus that seems to be happening nationwide. All the people transplanting from areas of high crime, high taxes, loss of freedoms, and unConstitutional laws; that flee to places like here... A word of advice; if you are running away from all of that, do not bring that thinking here and expect us to be just like where you left. Seems pretty logical, right? Apparently not. We have noticed it in our county over the past 20 years. The majority of people in our county, are now transplants from somewhere else. In our direct area, we have people from cities - doctors, lawyers, etc. paying outrageous prices for land, driving up land prices for the local people, driving up property values with their excessive "city-fied," hunting properties. They think they are moving into "big buck country," but that hasn't been the case in many years now. That is actually now Iowa and further south in the county. These folks have no hunting signs all over their property, yet they expect to be able to drive/hunt where ever they want to on other's property. The locals, that live here and farm here, are in constant battles with these new comers as they try to throw around their money to walk all over whomever they wish. Opening morning of deer season, sounds like a war is breaking out. When you have some of these people shooting COWS, they claim they didn't know was a cow...this is what we are dealing with. There is a major difference between a cow and a deer. We raise sheep...and KNOW to keep them close to the house, because if they can't tell a deer from a cow...how the hell will they tell the difference between a sheep and a cow. 


As I'm sure everyone is aware, we have entered the ever present election season. It sure seems that these pathetic politicians are in constant election mode anymore. Rarely do we see any real efforts from either party...besides the constant back and forth blame game. I am not a person who hates anyone. That is such a harsh term. However, I hate everything this current political class(both parties) stand for. After watching the demonic, pathetic, and polarizing State of the Union; I am beyond angry. I took several days, to absorb the speech, and to research the content, and research previous speeches. So, rather than being yet another talking head, with the exact same media talking points of both parties, I wanted to THINK FOR MYSELF!! So, quite literally, 5 minutes of research was able to completely discount 90% of Biden's talking points. Recognizing that of all the disruptions during that speech, it was a Gold Star Dad that was arrested - this is the dad of a fallen soldier, from the horrific and botched Afghanistan withdrawl. How pathetic!!! That really pissed me off. When the large part of the entire speech was directed around "protecting democracy" everywhere else, gaslighting the American people because we KNOW the economy is not "strong and getting stronger," and our tax money is defending every other border EXCEPT our own...this is not how an American President should behave. When you more evidence proving that you, your family, and honestly even your party; are and have broken a multitude of laws. A prosecutor claims your are too feeble to stand trial for breaking multiple laws. The media, that should be doing actual investigative journalism, instead of propaganda, the entire lot is committing treason. There are plenty of Republicans that need to be added in to the mix as well. While it was a struggle for me to listen to the entire thing, I think all American's should listen. American's need to get over themselves, and STOP promoting all the divisions. The largest part of American people, are inherently good. It's these governmental bureaucrats that are the problem. It's the government, that have created 99% of ALL problems in this country. The everyday American's want to live their lives, raise their families the best they can, and live comfortably. That is the bottom line. While I do not agree with many of the scars on our country, lands have been fought for and conquered for thousands of years. Genocides are STILL happening, around the world and right here on the home front(abortion and trans crap, leading the way). I am all for "you do you," BUT parental rights come first until that child is an adult. Quite frankly, I don't care if you want to be a purple gay person, if your character is good...I will treat you good. If you are a complete waste of oxygen, that is how you will be treated. You see, our Creator, whether that is God, Universe, Evolution, Aliens, WHATEVER; created each of us, if you believe in the Bible...it states we are created in his image and likeness, which means we are created to perfection. It also means, WE ALL BLEED RED, and we are ALL children of God. So, what does that mean if we are promoting the death of unborn children, promoting war to kill other children of God(different nationalities), sending our own people(soldiers) to war - where they are murdered? There are bad people out there, sadly many of them are supported/elected to represent our country, and they are no better than the thug that out murdering someone for the sport of it. There will be bad people in society, that is a given. However, there are billions of good, amazing and intelligent people worldwide. Typically, we are given only the projections of the bad, so we believe there is this scale tipping of bad. Look at your own communities. Even if you disagree with them, are the overwhelming majority in your communities bad people or do they just have a differing opinion? 


Our nations State Of The Union, SHOULD be an honest conversation about OUR NATION. Not a diatribe of anger, sending our tax dollars everywhere but America, and causing more divisions. It should be a conversation about how we can fix problems, unite our people, help our people, and promote America's sovereignty. NOT taking away more of our Constitutional Rights, not amping up hatred, not leaving American's behind both domestically and in foreign lands. When a President publicly regurgitates 60 minutes of lies(provable lies), division, continues to drive an already bankrupt nation further down, refuses to help our own Soldiers and Veterans, our own homeless, our own borders, the food insecurity that nearly 80% of American's are facing, and the entire Government is REFUSING to release the very evidence that can show ALL American's what exactly happened on January 6th, there is a massive break down. These clowns have forgotten they work for US, not the other way around. If J6 was truly an insurrection, how is it possible that there were no firearms...except the one that shot an unarmed female Veteran? A riot, that might be a more tangible argument for that day...but if we look at our Constitution, even that is not plausible. So, it's time to release ALL the footage, unredacted, in prime time news for the world to see. Although, most every other country already knows the truth, and is struggling to understand why American's are allowing our country to go in the direction it has. 


I have a handful of people online, I pay attention to their opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't...however, it is my civic duty to be an informed and educated voter and American citizen. Maybe this thought comes from growing up the daughter of a veteran, maybe it's because I will fight for this country I love, to this day. Either way, I have spent 5 years educating myself on many areas that I didn't know, I didn't know. Yes, you read that correctly.... I had to learn what I didn't know, because I didn't know that I didn't know. Everything from economics, to the stock market, to different government reports, gold, silver, crypto, researching history that was taught only from the winners point of view...not a neutral one, to religions, extremism, politics, and even education itself. It's terrifying how much influence is in every corner of our lives, that is NOT Constitutional. It's even more terrifying how many people do not know the branches of government or what they do, what our Constitution/Bill of Rights even says, or that they have been lied to for hundreds of years. I loved history throughout high school, so I actually studied it diligently. I still love history, and the past 5 years...I love research, to a degree. I have had to overcome some serious cognitive dissonance. So, I do understand some that get overwhelmed when I try to converse with them. However, I do get angry when people even refuse to research for themselves and instead want to argue about things they have a serious lack of knowledge on. I don't care if you have a degree from some prestigious college, all that means to me, is that you were able to be told what to think...instead of how to think. 


Here's a great example, from the first time I heard the term conspiracy theory. I was a Sophomore in high school. I had a teacher that had us doing a debate, after I chose to do another report on JFK. The debate was meant to degrade me, but he made it very well known, that anyone that disagreed with the report was a "conspiracy theorist." He then opened the debate up, with a show of hands who knew anything about JFK. Needless to say, I don't remember this teachers name(though I do remember what I called him), it was at that point I insisted on doing another report on the subject. When the day came, I gave that report, I was told I fell into the conspiracy theory guideline. I pointed out flaws in the report. I pointed out missed opportunities to protect the President. That teacher ended up giving me a low grade on my report because I didn't buy into the report, and in his words..."asked too many questions that I had no right to ask." I truly hated that class, and was not fond of the teacher since after that he would go out of his way to make me feel less than dirt. But hey, I was just a dumb kid, right?! Guys, that was the early 90's and the thought police were already in our schools. You were not supposed to think for yourselves...you were supposed to just spew back what the educators told you, never question them or you would bear the brunt of their weight at every possible turn. On the other hand, I had an outstanding History teacher, that encouraged us to ask questions and think for ourselves. He would give us the lectures, and then tell us, "this is what I have to teach you, now...it's up to you to decide how much more you want to learn." He encouraged the questions, he brought in soldiers that had just returned from Desert Storm, to talk to us about war, the civilizations they say, and the atrocities they saw. He reminded us that if war is inevitable, the devastation from it far outweighs the benefits. That war should always be the absolute last resort, and diplomacy should always be the start. During my high school years, Desert Storm was the war of my time. Talking to the soldiers, was reminder of how many young men and women were killed. These were sons and daughters, sisters and brothers, and spouses. Not just nameless, faceless people. 


We, as a society, have become so desensitized to war and killing. So many of our young people are enveloped by video games promoting such things, our movies all portray these things as just, and so many people have become complacent to wearing blinders to protect them from things they don't want to see. We have become lazy. We see the number of people living on the streets and assume(you know what this means right?)they are lazy, druggies, or whatever. Do you know their story? Do you know how many of those homeless people once fought for our country, and were NOT helped by the very government that sent them to war? Do you know how much loss those homeless people have endured before ending up on the streets? Now, what if that were you, or one of your family? What if you suffered some life changing event that left you destitute, and begging on the street? What if it was one of your parents, siblings? Why are there so many groups trying to help our veterans? Why isn't the government that has sent them into all these battles, helping them? Why do veterans have to basically beg, borrow and steal to get medical help? We all are quick to give thanks to veterans on the special days, but what are you doing to SHOW them that they are appreciated everyday of the year? 


Sadly, there are many that will turn a blind eye to things they don't want to hear. Or...I will get lots of nasty messages about how I don't know what I am talking about. That's ok. I may not be an expert...but I promise you, I do not talk about things I don't understand. I may see things different than some, and usually do, because I ask questions. I don't blindly follow. I don't believe we are powerless to make necessary changes to save our country from corruption. I still have faith in God, and the American people. 


I will continue to preach getting and staying prepared. I'm not talking about the extremism that some like to spew. I'm talking making sure you can overcome any emergency - from a natural disaster to a manmade one. I'm talking about learning self defense in times of another summer of destruction, attempted car jackings, or someone breaking into your home. I'm talking medications, food, pet supplies in the event of further supply chain break downs or economic woes. I'm talking about the constant cyber attacks that have shut down healthcare systems, banks and fuel lines. I'm talking about learning skills that can help you in the event of an attack here in our country, that the FBI is already warning about. I'm talking about networking with others in your community, so that if an emergency should occur, you have additional support or can help someone else. I'm talking about education, beyond the school systems. 

 

Today, I am going to encourage you to continue preparing. Strengthen your mind, body and spirit. Pray! Our country is facing a multi-front battle, and we do not have any leadership currently, to manage these battles. Our nation is hurting, financially, mentally, and spiritually. We need to have real conversations, agree to disagree where necessary and get back on track. We can not do this while buying into all the division being thrown around by both parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment