Saturday, March 2, 2024

Coffee Chat

 


Yes, the day of the Irish is just around the corner. That also means, the semi-annual clock change and the official start of Spring is too! March is a busy month. 


I am feeling a bit crappy and dealing with some big body aches this morning, so I thought I'd write since moving too much hurts! Let's do some chatting. 


2024 has definitely started with a bang. I try to be diplomatic in most circumstances, but I truly do not understand how there are still people not capable of seeing the absolute break down in not just society but in our economy too. Are there people that can't see the grocery prices have, at least doubled in the past 4 years - or gas, home insurance, utilities, um...nearly everything? Are there truly people that believe it's ok to break laws - not just in destruction of property but also with both our Northern AND our Southern border? Are there people that truly believe the person supposedly running our country, is actually competent to do so? Are people truly so overscheduled that they can not see all the destruction within our country, that every one of us has become a slave to those "in power", and that saying to put American's first is a bad thing? We are truly in one hell of a spiritual battle, and I hope those that read/follow this blog, and me...are in the correct lane on this one. 


So, before I jump into the previous conversation, let's get some personal stuff out of the way. Back about a month ago, or so, my stove decided to give me more fits. I use the hell out of all my appliance, big and small. The items that most claim are "indestructible," give them to me for 6 months...if they can withstand what I do...they are good! For example: I burned up a vacuum cleaner every couple of months until I switched to a Shark...those last about 4 years for me. I burned up a Kitchen Aid mixer, that I was told couldn't be done. I now have 2 Ninja food processors - one is about 8 years old, the other about 3. They last good. My stove, we bought used. It was about 2 years old when we bought it in 2018. It's been a good one. However, because of the canning, cooking and baking I do...it has to function exactly or it is unusable for me. The oven heating elements quit heating evenly about a year ago, but I learned to just rotate the stuff in the oven...I couldn't justify buying a new stove at the time. Last month, the element indicator light came on and wouldn't go off, and the burners weren't heating my canner in the means they should. So, that was my catalyst it was time to get something before canning season begins again. Well, something as simple as replacing a stove, should not have been the drama it became. Trying to find appliances, in stock, is a nightmare! We have bought appliances from big box stores and frankly they suck! So, as with everything I talk about...we try to always walk the walk. We started calling all the local appliance stores. Finding an electric stove, with coil burners....you'd have thought we were searching for a lost arc. We found out that that type of stove is about to become extinct. Manufacturers are phasing them out over the next 5 years. Now, every single electric stove has something called a sensi-burner. It is basically a button in the center of the burner that shuts power down to the burner if it senses the burner is too hot or that there is no longer a pan on it. Supposedly, it's meant to be a safety feature for idiots. That does not work when you actually cook or can on a stove top. Additionally, if you want to bypass that, you not only have to purchase the new stove but also purchase additional burners that do not have that button. So, an $800 stove, and nearly another $200 for the usable burners. Complete B.S.! We found some on Amazon, and got them cheaper, but it's complete crap! You should not can on glass top stoves, the glass top will shatter. I do not have gas coming into my home, so a gas stove isn't an option...not to mention the government is trying to phase them out too. Talk about a complete shit show! We found one, and ordered it 2 weeks ago. My husband is on his way to pick it up right now. Thankfully, even though I have had a major attitude this morning, he was gracious enough not to push me to ride along, for that I am grateful. I try to keep this attitude in check, but it doesn't always work. 


This attitude plays into more personal space. This whole peri-menopausal stage of life it ridiculous! If you are one of the fortunate ones that is breezing through it...I'm happy for you! I, however, am not! It's taking every ounce of strength to keep my attitude, anger, and over all pissy-ness, in check! I am completely exhausted with aches and pains, that make zero sense. The sensitivities in smells, skin, and even tastes; is really stupid! Certain clothes, I've worn forever...I can't wear, because the material makes my skin crawl! It makes zero sense. Smells send me either into coughing fits or asthma type breathing. Things I have always loved to eat...I can't stand the smell of, and can't eat anymore. It's worse than any morning sickness I ever felt. The need for order, lack of clutter, and things that seem like common knowledge to me...are completely lost on everyone else in my home. So, I do what I can, but then I just sit down stewing about how no one can see the trash can overflowing, the trash bags piled up to take to the dumpster, the dishes sitting in the sink, the floors that need swept, the empty toilet paper roll, the laundry that needs put away, and none of this even touches WHY no one else finds it important to have a home clean and to be proud of it. UGH! I know I am in the late stage of this and I'm ready to get done! I have already hit the point of not giving a damned about a lot of things. I'm not old, but I just can't do everything I've always done, at the speed I used to do it. Between the mental, emotional and physical symptoms, there are days I am completely exhausted by 7 pm. Sleep is yet another challenge. I may sleep for 3-4 hours really good...then I am awake or tossing and turning. Hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, muscle aches, and fighting to stay focused is more lovely areas. I swear, it's a damned good thing God made women with the strengths we have! 


In January, we began our lambing season. This is an every year thing. It's ALWAYS began in January. This year, we have the biggest herd we've had to date. We have an estimated 68 sheep bred to lamb from January through March. At absolute minimum, that would be 68 babies, but usually only first time lambers have single babies. We've had a LOT of twins and triplets this year. We are very diligent about keeping check on the sheep several times a day. This allows us to save a lot of babies and moms. That means we only lose minimal amounts of lambs, when many producers lose a lot. Nearly every sheep is put in a pen in the barn to bond with its lamb(s) for a minimum of 24 hours. This allows us to make sure both momma and babies are healthy. It also helps in the event that a momma has issues delivering the lambs. My husband has already had to pull a handful of lambs this year. Since he has an off-the-farm job, it's my job during the day to check on the sheep and lambs. I am not as knowledgeable of them, as my husband...he spends a lot of time with them, and is able to visually see changes. I can look for new babies, take notice of observable changes, and check on the newest babies in the barn, or fill water tanks. It's a lot of work, but this is part of our farm income. That means when you neglect it, that can cost you in the end. There are no short cuts on a farm, unless you are independently wealthy and don't depend on your farm income. I don't personally know producers that fit in that category. Every animal on our farm, serves a purpose. Typically, we don't have "just pets," although we do have some. The chickens and ducks provide us eggs, and if necessary, could be used for meat. The outside dogs, protect the chickens and ducks from predators. The sheep and lambs, are income producing...even though they are treated like pets most of the time, and could provide a meal if necessary. Our pasture/hay is feed for our livestock, and if we have a bumper crop....could be sold for additional income. The gardens are our food source for a majority of our vegetables and fruits. So, all of this leads into the beginning conversations.


I know so many that get tired of hearing "doom and gloom." I do too. The hardest part for me, is to actually see coming to fruition everything I have been talking about for nearly 4 years. I know, I've heard so many excuses for not preparing, not paying attention to economic policy, or even paying attention to the global economies. The biggest excuse is "not enough time." Well, I refuse to buy that. When nearly every person I talk to is complaining about the cost of everything, the empty shelves, and taxes...that means you SHOULD investigate WHY! Another common excuse..."I can't do anything about it, so why bother." It's a damned good thing our ancestors weren't that lazy and complacent!! We'd still be visibly under the British monarchy. We can all make changes by being involved in our local communities. Getting involved in our states. I know it's overwhelming, and there is a LOT of corruption from the top down. I get that! But, when you sit on the sidelines and do nothing but complain, you are part of the problem...not part of the solution. You are either willing to tolerate the corruption, or you are willing to put in the effort to fix it. Have you seen the meme on social media, the one where the elites have a board game sitting on the backs of people...the game ends when someone STANDS UP! Additionally, we have a CIVIC responsibility to get out and vote! I know it's difficult to believe that it matters, but it does. We the people, have show up. We have to make it known that we aren't going to take it anymore. Show up, and show out! When we show up, place our votes, and hold those we are supposed to be electing to represent us, that WE ARE THEIR BOSSES...our voices will be heard, but only those voices that do show up. If you don't vote, you don't have a reason to complain. 


Economics. Do you know where your retirements and pensions are invested? If you are living on one or both, what is going to happen if they disappear? Did you know a large portion of retirements and pensions are invested in: commercial real estate, government bonds, and the stock market? If you are not keeping up, the commercial real estate worldwide, is crashing. Government bonds are junk and our country is bankrupt, and the stock market...have you not learned about the 1929 crash? Do you have anything tangible to live on? The last time I researched it, the dollar was 93% leveraged...meaning our dollar is actually work 7 cents. Have you heard about bank bail in's? That was a law passed, allowing banks to actually legally take deposits, that we have made into that bank, to use themselves. That means any money you have sitting in your bank, is technically NOT yours. You are allowed to use it, unless that bank runs into issues, when at that time...they take every dollar in deposits to bail themselves out. That also means, that you...the depositor, is left with NOTHING. By law, they have to "pay you back," if and when they can, but if they are insolvent...you are just screwed. A common statement I have been living by, "if you don't hold it, you don't own it," is one I recommend taking. We all know you have to have money in the bank to pay bills, but I don't recommend keeping any more than necessary in a bank. Get yourself a fireproof/waterproof safe to put in your house. Look into buying some silver and gold. Gold is high, about $2100 an ounce. Silver is about $50 an ounce. There is also copper and palladium. Learn some useful skills. Something that is beneficial should you need to barter. Things like: gardening, preserving foods, herbs/traditional healing or sewing. Have items on hand, that you could trade, like: dried foods, tools, fuels, etc. I know there are some rolling their eyes right now. You believe this kind of thought could never happen. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but it's already happening in many areas of the U.S. Our food banks are already stretched thin because of the food insecurities. Many of the illegals coming into our country are taking food out of the mouths of our citizens and our veterans. The homelessness has more than doubled in the past 4 years. Too many people are not only losing their jobs, but are not able to work just a single job to make ends meet anymore. If you honestly believe that we will not see a complete breakdown, ignore what I am saying. I will say this, if you are ignoring everything and planning to just mooch off someone else when everything crashes...I would reconsider that. Myself, I am not taking food out of the mouths of my family to support others that have done nothing to prepare themselves. Period. I have tried to help people to get prepared and gotten nothing but grief. So, I am moving on. 


Sadly, I believe there are a lot of people that will be blindsided by the economic mess we are going to see in the coming months. It been evident, if you'd been paying attention since 2020, but many have not. The pandemic killed our commerce, and our freedoms. All the people you see celebrating veterans, yet they walked around like zombies with diapers on their faces...that was a slap in the face to those that fought and died for our freedom. These global elites that proved how many true slaves there are, and how easy it was to take full control away from the people. The lethal cocktails they tried to force on American's was yet another test, that so many failed. Our veterans deserve citizens that are willing to have their backs against a tyrannical government right here on the home front. That is no different than the very rights we are denied - freedom of speech, right to bear arms, freedom of assembly - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...NOT equity or even equality. There are far too many people that do not even KNOW there rights or how much has been taken away from them. It's truly sad!


When 3300 sheriff's across the United States have been warned of creditable threats within our own country, with millions of illegals pouring into our country....I fail to see how people are not seeing the urgency to be prepared. When the FBI is warning Congress that cyber attacks are ramping up, corporations having to pay ransom to get control back of our healthcare systems, our banks, our utility companies, and everything in between...what exactly do you think is going to happen? These are not "some conspiracy theorist with an outrageous claim," type of threat. These are the people charged with protecting us and telling us, that WE ARE ON OUR OWN!!! The government, the military, and even the police are not going to be able to help all of us!! It''s imperative that you utilize our freedoms. Get yourself some self-defense and LEARN how to use it!!! Keep it close everywhere you go! Prepare your homes, property in the event of a utility outage, or any further disruptions to our supply chain. Learn to take care of yourself in every manner possible. If you find all this too overwhelming, the coming months are going to run over you. 


As I close this out today, I pray that some miracle abounds to stop all the escalations in the world. I pray that somehow, some way, the divisions and distractions in our country stops and people are able to see what is and has been happening. I pray for each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment