Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Let's Talk

 


Let's Talk!


Well, my brain seems to be on a fast moving train, as usual, but on a down hill slope. My thoughts are truly all over the place, at rapid succession. Many times, conversations in my home, lead to further thoughts and analyzing other thoughts. One thing that tends to annoy my husband about me, is that I do actually care for others, and try to help everyone possible. While I get that I have been hurt by this many times over, it's just my nature. So, I guess you have to take the good with the bad. 


Lately, it has become very clear that so much has changed not just in our country, but also in our small communities. Ego has been an issue for a long time, but it seems to be ramping up at rapid rates. Those of us in the GenX range are shaking our heads at both the younger generations and the older ones. Some of us are turning to the "grandparents" generation for wisdom, guidance, and direction. Many of us have started to see both the positives and faults from their generation forward. Since my generation was the last generation to grow up without technology and cell phones, we are over all the drama they have created. We once thought the internet would help expand knowledge, and now know...that is not the case. Our world is driven by those supposedly "educated" yet we can see, they probably all failed but were pushed through school, because they aren't. We see more and more that education has resulted in more division amongst those that are given just enough to get through but not enough to gain actual wisdom. So, I want to touch on some of these areas, obviously from my own view point. 


Just a word of advice, I change my mind once in a while, but never based on opinion...only on FACTS. I have gotten a rash of tongue lashings for my opinions. I DO my own research, and it's not based on media. If you disagree, that's ok...that is your opinion. Go write a blog or social media post, or better yet...go make videos proving your point. 


I'm going to jump into Ego, first. This is a first hand experience with this Biblical sin, not to mention surest form of ignorance. There is not a person on Earth that should have an ego. What's the phrase, "be careful of the fingers you step on, on your way up the ladder, they may be attached to the ass you have to kiss on your way down." No matter how much each of us would like to believe we are an island, and don't need anyone else...we are wrong. I could go a few directions with this. Once you start believing you are better than anyone else, you know more than anyone else, you are more educated because of the degrees/certificates hanging on your walls...you are sunk. In a different light, let's look at this from a relationship perspective. I am married. While I am fully capable of taking care of myself, I depend on my husband. While I can do everything that needs done, I shouldn't have to. In a relationship, it should be a partnership. It may mean you pull 80% of the weight when they are only capable of 20% on any given day. It may mean you are better in some areas than your partner, but they are better in others. While I believe all relationships should be 100% by both people all the time, I am also smart enough to know, that rarely happens. Both people are going to make stupid mistakes, both people are going to have moments that are ugly. Having the intelligence to understand that it takes both people working together, losing the ego, learning to converse/comprehend each other, and not just throwing in the towel when things get rough; Sadly, the ego plays a huge part in the majority of relationship failures. The same goes for business. When an ego is the lead in a business, it will fail. 


Let's jump into the business side of ego. One thing that has become very prevalent in recent years, is the lack of loyalty from employees AND employers. Years ago, when I was a young adult, we were taught that you found a good job, worked hard and your retired from that job. Many of those "good jobs" have evaporated, I know. The thing is, even today, small businesses are being run like corporations that only have a loyalty to themselves and their share holders. You have management costing businesses a lot of money, you have company owners that are not loyal to the ones that are making them their money, and you have employees that no longer care...they are just there for a paycheck. This is a recipe for disaster. I know the illness created a huge issue, but the reality is, a lot of this began before that. Let's start with management. This is the direct link between employee and owner. When you have management that does not do their job or no longer cares; you have a big problem. A manager is to direct the employees, as the owner wishes. That, in the most basic terms is, that manager should be doing everything possible to help the owner with his bottom line income, keeping customers and building business, directing employees with work/empowering them with tools needed, and relaying to the owner of issues and feedback of employees. This is a very brief description. When any or all of these break down, again, you have a big problem. Whether the business is losing customers, losing income, losing employees, or worst, folding up...there was a serious break down, and in nearly every situation, there is an ego involved. Whether it's the owner, manager, or employee...and in many cases, it's all of the above. Which typically is what I call a snowball effect, that began at the top, and rolled down hill. 


Many of you know my beliefs are not main stream. I do not believe in religion, although I have full faith in God. I don't believe I have to be a Christian, Muslim, or whatever, to believe in God and have him hear my prayers. However, I recently had a dream that weighed on me, and I felt I needed to explore. You may not know, typically, if I have a dream that I remember...there is something to it. They either come true, or the meaning is revealed to me when I seek out whatever it is that weighs on my heart. I refer to this as discernment and insight. What it actually is, I don't really question. I just know that throughout my life, this has happened. Anyway, there was one simple line from the dream that stuck with me, several days after having the dream, "you need to go to church with So and so." I am going to leave names out. After about a week of trying to figure out the why's, what's that mean, etc. I connected with the person that was mentioned, and I actually went to church. I had been trying to get more time to spend with this person anyway. So, I went. I truly enjoyed Sunday School and the service, spent time with an amazing woman, and felt a weight lifting from my heart. I felt contented for those 3 hours. You see, I pray nearly everyday. I take time to meditate, and ask for guidance and direction. So, while I thought one thing about that dream, I believe now, that it was quite possibly a multifaceted dream. That was my direction for most of what I had prayed for - guidance(Sunday School), time with the person, and direction for so much. 


As a child of GenX, I look at the kids today(anyone under 30) as pretty weak. Not necessarily by their own doing, but because society has wrapped them in bubble wrap. They rarely spends days dirty, in the dirt or working like dogs. They rarely spend any time outdoors. Their vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation is worse than our 3rd graders were in the 90's. They have a serious lack of communication skills, unless it's on computer/technology of some sort. They can't handle scrapes, scratches, or pain of any kind. They all think they are something special, and we all are unique but not everyone deserves a participation trophy. Parents lose their shit over their kids drinking out of a garden hose. While we had bullies in our generation...we FOUGHT BACK! We were taught you never threw the first punch, but you sure as hell better fight back. Several younger generations were taught they had rights...LOL!! You know what rights we had? You didn't talk back or you were likely to be missing teeth. You didn't roll your eyes, you didn't curse, you NEVER talked back to an adult, and honestly...kids were not only not to be heard, most of the time you weren't to be seen either. The adults had conversations, and the kids were kept in the dark - SO THEY COULD BE KIDS! You were not supposed to thrust adult issues on kids. 


I am going to touch briefly on division. While many of the divisions currently in our country, were put to rest(for the most part) 60+ years ago; many of them are being reignited by a citizenship that has neglected to do their own research. I will accept that there are ignorant and biased people in our society, but the overwhelming majority is not. We do have some scars on our nation, just as EVERY single nation does. The one thing many fail to recognize, is that it was America that has attempted to right many wrongs. No one alive today, was a slave, or owned slave - at least not in the traditional sense. We are ALL currently debt slaves to the federal government. By the very wording of our Constitution, we are FREE to move about our nation - you are not required to stay where you are. You are Constitutionally guaranteed Equality, NOT Equity. We are all given the opportunity to better ourselves, but it OUR choice to do so. We are guaranteed our God given rights, that is stated - not any other deity. While I believe we should have the right to pray in schools, by allowing Christian prayer, that opens the door to prayer from other religions we may not agree with. America should ALWAYS be the number 1 priority of any and ALL elected officials. Sending our tax dollars to other countries - no matter the reason, when our own country is struggling, is wrong! Allowing our tax dollars to support those who are invading our nation is wrong and illegal. Breaking laws, makes you a criminal, PERIOD! Anyone supporting and encouraging that, should be arrested for accomplice as well. When we have soldiers - that have been sent to fight for our country, whether abroad or at home, on the streets and not receiving the healthcare they need and we have American citizens living on the streets, we have families that can not afford to buy groceries and pay their bills; ANY money sent out of the country should be illegal. When our elected officials in Congress AND Senate write new bills and laws, and each of them contains hundreds of pet projects not directly related to the bill - this should be illegal. Instead it's called ear marks. Every single vote in either chamber should be on single subject items, period! Those people in D.C. have the biggest egos of them all. I encourage you all to go reread our Constitution, our Bill Of Rights, go read the executive orders and every single bill going through our Congress. Do your own research. Stop listening to the noise box, in 2008 they were given the green light to start using propaganda against every American. It's the updated Smith-Mundt Act. Educate yourself on how long railroads, highways, all basic infrastructure was already in place LONG before the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. Educate yourself on who signed the treaties for the Native American relocation act, the expansions of lands, and political party that pushed it all. Every single division point being pushed by the current mainstream, is completely fabricated. For many of you, the very people you are supporting are the true enemy, you just don't realize it.

As I move forward with my day, I want to finish this blog with a few more thoughts. As I spoke of early, relationships are not easy. They can help you find your weaknesses AND your strengths. While conversations are absolutely necessary, equally important is comprehension. You have to learn your partners conversational abilities, both of you, and learn to comprehend what they are saying. Many times, you will find both partners are in the same spectrum of thought...just communicating it differently. The same can be said for every other thought in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment