Friday, May 21, 2010

A weekend get-away

Wow, what an up and down week.  The rain and gloomy weather has definitely damped our plans lately.  We started making plans for an over night trip the end of April.  We were able to our hotel reservation early...no rooms left now.  So, as time has progressed the plans have changed about 6 different times before finally getting set in stone yesterday.

So, we are taking a 3 hour away trip to LaSalle to watch a race at a dirt track.   The race includes a local driver that Richard likes and races with.  The best part of the whole trip for me is the plans prior to the race.  We are going to my favorite state park to hike and have a picnic.  I haven't been to Starved Rock in years.  So, now I can take my kids and show them the most beautiful park I have ever seen.  I have always found such peace, and always felt so close to God there.  I am really looking forward to so time at peace.  We have all our supplies for our picnic, some snack foods and our blankets.  I am so excited!  We are heading out early in the morning.  We can check into our hotel at 2, and then a few hours at the hotel, then to the race and Sunday head home.

Sunday we have Richard's little sisters graduation, and then the party.  So, we are going to be super busy this weekend....but I am counting on my few hours of peace at Starved Rock to get me through.  I can't wait.


Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment