Thursday, May 27, 2010

Where to begin....

What an amazing few weeks!  I'm not sure where to begin!

Home Schooling -
Now that Summer is upon us, we are going to change up our structure some.  I think it's important to flexable, and go with the flow.  So, we are going to do structured school work Monday - Wednesday, and work on fun, outdoor/indoor projects Thursday - Sunday.  The nice part of homeschooling is the flexibility and being able to change things up as need be.  Since our large garden has been a total loss until it's replanted, we are going to focus on Joey's mini-sandbox garden.  Which is doing great!  He has radishes about ready, watermelon, corn, cantalope, and cucumbers growing well.  He also planted some soybeans and wheat...which are doing great!  We have several indoor plants - tomatoes, banana, lemon, and lime trees, sweet leaf plant and herbs we are attempting indoors. 


Our Get Away -
Wow!  What an amazing, and chaotic weekend!  We took off at 6:30 last Saturday, to head to LaSalle.  We got to Utica about 10:30 after a stop at Princeton to get a stroller.  We went to the main lodge and took some pictures, went in the lodge and did some hiking before heading to the lower picnic area.  We took off for starved rock and we read the signs along the way telling about the indians, and their stand on starved rock.  Then the 4 of us headed of the stairs to the top of Starved Rock.  The view was just as beautiful as I had remembered.  Looking out across the beautiful lush forest that makes up Starved Rock, looking across the the river, and watching Joey's eyes light up as we watched a barge make its way into the lock.  Chloe wasn't really interested, but I knew I wanted to share this with them.  Even Richard seemed to enjoy himself.  We made our way back down the stairs and headed to a quiet picnic area.  We got to have a real picnic, on a blanket and enjoyed our lunchmeat sandwiches, chips and drink pouches.  Chloe crawled around on the blanket and was real interested in everything Joey did.  We laughed, joked, and had a blast.  I am anxious to go back when we have more time to hike.  Joey is the perfect age to enjoy someplace so amazing.  As for me, as soon as we entered the park, I felt I had come home.  I could just feel the tension ease.  Walking to the lodge, the paths, being on Starved Rock, all of the experience was like the piece of my soul that has been missing....was back.  I spent just a few minutes talking to God, on Starved Rock, and just felt like he could hear me.

Now, that we are back at home, I'm doing some major catch up on housework, laundry, Ameriplan, and my newest venture.  Yep, I wasn't busy enough so I jumped into another project.  I am now a distributor for Gold Canyon Candles.  I have bought these candles for almost a year now, and the lady that was selling them quit.!  So, rather than go without, I picked up the slack, and dove in head first.  I currently have a catalog party going until June 8th.  Any orders placed online or in person will receive a free thank you gift. 

I have to say, I have to be one of the most blessed people.  Although Richard and I have our issues, we get along pretty well, I have 2 amazing kids, a successful home business, a new business I will make successful, an amazing family, he has an awesome job, awesome friends, and a comfortable home.  Of all the material things I would like to have, none of them are as precious as the list above!  Thank you God, for being such an amazing and wonderful God!
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys had fun! You definitely needed a getaway for you and your family! I knew Joey would have a blast! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete