Tuesday, January 1, 2013

365 Blank Pages - Getting Started


"We are at the beginning of a 365 page book full of blank pages! New Year allows us to redirect our goals, dreams and ambitions. Use each and every day to make your story beautiful! Fill those 365 pages with some of the greatest days of your life! It's never to late to make your life great!"

When I wrote this, this morning, I found myself looking far beyond today. Far beyond the beginning of this new book. It was the words of a dear friend that helped me look at this from a different perspective. Those words were this: "I'm having a hell of a time writing the first page, I don't even want to think about the other 364."

It's amazing to me that I didn't even think about that. I didn't think about the very beginning. I was so focused on the end product. While I don't claim to have any or all answers to life's challenges, and I have plenty of my own, I do tend to look at the big picture instead of these road bumps. While I haven't always been this way, that is who I have become.

With that being said, I want to look at the main parts of a book. Since the first page is typically the title page....page one is written for you! So, page one is the "Life of ." Page One...DONE! Now to move on. Table of Contents. So, for the sake of this analogy, each new month is a new chapter. You have now completed the first and beginning of your new book, your new year, and the start of a more intended life! The next page is typically for acknowledgements. Who do you have to thank and mention for your life? Parents, friends, kids, and etc. are usually mentioned. Another page, DONE!

Now, we begin Chapter 1. Chapter 1 is a fresh page, a new opportunity to direct your life where you want it to go. Think about that. The beginning of a new book is just that. It's the beginning! This first chapter sets the stage for the whole book. It allows the reader to jump into the story and follow along on the seat of their pants, just waiting for what's coming next. You have 31 pages to set your stage! Set your goals for the next 31 days, set your stage. Each and every day, do something - even if it's the smallest thing, to work towards those goals. Use these first 31 pages to give you a head-in into your remaining 11 chapters.

You can do this, you can achieve everything your heart desires IF you are willing to work towards it! Setting goals, writing them down, and doing something every single day; will move you in the directions of those goals. If you find that you have ventured off the path of your goals, it's ok! It happens. Just stop, take a look at the goals you have written down, and get back on course!

Remember that you will have a constant ping-pong game going on in your head. I guarantee it! It will be the back and forth of "I can do and I can't do this." Whenever your head begins the negativity of "I can't do this," you have to be aware that it's happening, then say to yourself.... "I WILL DO THIS!" Be aware that this will go on, it will get to you on occasion, and you will have to nip it in the bud! You will have to look at your book(Journal), and ask yourself if your thoughts and actions are moving you towards where you want to go. If they aren't then it's time to get rid of those thoughts, just think of a recycle bin in your mind, and replace them with thoughts that will move you in the direction you want to go.

Just remember there will be negative people and "things" that will try to stomp on your goals. Those things and people will be your test to see if you are ready to move forward. So, use those road bumps to slow down and relook at your goals and redirect if necessary!

So, as I leave you for the day, I will leave you with this: Find a dear friend that will not judge or criticize you, someone who will support these new chapters and begin what is sure to be your best year ever!

Happy New Year, and New Chapters!
~Salli~

No comments:

Post a Comment