Thursday, June 16, 2022

Really?!

 


It's truly unbelievable that some need a bright flashing sign to see what is right in front of our noses. 


I do my best to not be condescending or too sarcastic, but holy mother of all things, is that becoming more difficult with the passing days. There are people aware of the evil that has taken over our world, but there are still so many that are still drinking the kool-aid. I don't buy into a lot of theory, but I do study and research. I do attempt to learn things that I don't know anything about. To be honest, I had some pretty hefty cognitive dissonance to overcome. Until a handful of years ago, I believed that a majority of people were good, that we still had a few in government working for us, and that morals were still a priority in society. Boy, did I get a wake up call.


When everything I believed in, was taught, and grew up believing has proven to not be accurate....that's a hard pill to swallow. I won't go into that because there are just too many dark areas that I'm not in the mood to deal with. Instead, I want to focus on what I know and what I can control in my life, and hopefully, lead by example. 


I have had a few thoughts that have been on replay in my mind for weeks! Do we really need the Federal government to tell us we are in a recession? Can't we all, already feel the pinch at the pump, in the food isles, and in our everyday expenses? Do we really need or care what the "actual" rate of inflation is? Anyone with half a brain knows it's higher than 8.6%. It's like we are dealing with the Wizard of Oz...just don't look behind the curtain! Our current rate of inflation may well be 8.6% but the magic figures DO NOT INCLUDE food, fuel or utilities. If you figured those expenses in, it would send the world into even more turmoil as the real rate of inflation would be over 20%! So, again, really?! Seriously?! Our government has a spending problem. Printing money out of thin air, has consequences! Having money that is backed by nothing, has consequences. So, where does that leave us? In a mess, is the answer!


So, instead of the gloomy feeling this gives me, I am focusing on what I can control. I am focusing on what I can do, to be proactive. Yes, I stay on top of information, but I am not allowing myself to be inundated. I reach a point, when I just have to shut down. I am taking steps to protect myself and my family. I do feel like I am in a battle of time, but I promise you, I have an amazing God that I depend on. I am doing my "due diligence" to prepare my pantry. I am growing and expanding my garden. I am canning everything I can. I am attempting to get back into physical shape by walking daily, and trying to get back into yoga(although I am just not doing well with this!). I am learning useful skills. I am trying to rebuild and renew my spiritual relationship with the greatest creator ever. I'm trying to drag my family(mostly kicking and screaming) into a plan of preparation, organization and spirituality. I'm attempting to manage the overwhelm through hard work, determination and a LOT of prayer. I'm doing my best to let go of those that refuse to see the forest through the trees and those that just want to spew negativity into everything. To quote Ms. Patara, "We are in a spiritual battle people." I believe this with my whole heart. I truly believe we are in a battle of good v. evil. 


So, today, I am going to encourage everyone that feels the vice tightening...KEEP GOING! You are not imagining this chaos. We are being squeezed at every angle. If you have not yet started to build up your pantry, start NOW! Take $20 a week, start learning to grow vegetables in containers or garden, stock up on your soap/hygiene items, make a plan for the "all hell is breaking loose scenario," make sure you and your family can survive through this nightmare. Develop networks of neighbors that you can barter or trade with, and have a few extras that you could help someone in need if necessary. Be proactive and accept that things have changed in the world. While I personally prefer good quality food, typically that I have grown or raised.... you can bet, I am backing up my pantry with items to make sure my family can eat; just in case my garden doesn't grow, in case we can't get a cow in to butcher, just in case. Make sure you include water in your preparations. As Odessa, TX is dealing with a minimum of a 3 day outage in their water supply...we would be in trouble here. Store shelves are the same as out of water, and unless you have a well...watering livestock would be a nightmare too. You need to have a plan...one for every letter of the alphabet if necessary. Have back ups for your back ups! With all the shortages, all the supply chain issues - get stocked up! 


Do your best to get physically active, even if it's just walking to the mailbox everyday or walking around your yard. Physical activity helps ease stress. If you are a nature person, as I am, get outdoors. Spend time in your yard, garden, hiking, etc. Learn some useful skills - canning - pressure and water bath, gardening - actual garden or container planting, sewing, creating meals from scratch, fabricating - metal or woodworking, mechanic skills, small engine skills; start to learn skills that were invaluable prior to the 50's. Learn the skills you can trade/barter with. Yes, I know this seems excessive in the technological world we live in but, I can tell you, a large majority of people today, could not function without internet/cell phones/youtube/etc. Learn these skills now, while there is a plethora of online tutorials available! 


I will end with this - Lead by example. Teach your children/spouse(even if they are fighting you at every turn)to be prepared and have a plan. Learn every skill possible, stock up your household, have cash on hand in the event of outages with debit/credit/ATM's. Payoff debts as quickly as possible. Start learning recipes you can make from ingredients you have on the shelf. Learn to plan ahead and again..STOCK UP! IF you can get the items you need/want, will you be able to afford them? Will you have enough fuel to get to a store? Will the items you need/want be on the shelf? These are the directions you need to be thinking of. Do you know how much flour, sugar, tea, coffee, toilet paper, laundry soap, body soap, dish soap, shampoo, deodorant, feminine products, you use on a monthly/yearly basis? You should! Make sure to include vodka, whiskey into your planning...no, not to drink, necessarily. Vodka is a great cleansing item. Look up its benefits. Whiskey is a great medicinal alcohol. It helps with colds/sinuses. Look this one up too! 


We need to start thinking outside the box/outside the matrix. The time to start is past, so it's time to catch up and get your house in order. Drag your kids and spouse along, and teach them while you are learning. Good times create weak people, hard times create strong people.

No comments:

Post a Comment