Monday, April 5, 2010

The beginning

Well, here we go. I think I am the only person that hasn't begun blogging yet. I have no idea what I am doing, and not even sure if/when this will get posted. I decided to create this blog for family, friends, and those yet to become friends.

Those who know me, know my story. For those that do not, here is a quick nutshell, version.

I was born & raised 60 miles Southwest of Chicago. At 25, I packed my belongings into a dodge omni, and took off to find my own way in Northeast Missouri. I didn't know anyone here, not did I have a clue of the undertaking I was in the process of creating. After a short time here, I met Richard. A local country boy, who spoke his mind, didn't have much tact, and for whom I had never met anyone like! We dated for just over a year before getting married. Shortly after we found out we were going to have our first child. Joey was born, and a year later I had a bout with cervical cancer. 8 years later....still cancer free! : ) We knew we would not be able to have more children after my surgery. We were happy with Joey and had adjusted to life as we knew it. We struggled with every imaginable issue that a marriage has. Even some, that I reluctantly have to say are my personal issues. We divorced and got remarried, moved, and eventually have gotten on an even keel. In September of 2008, we found out we were going to be parents again. To our surprise, we had gotten pregnant, against all odds. In March of 09, our daughter Chloe was born. Perfectly healthy, beautiful and a wonderful...yet surprising addition to our family. We have relearned a lot about infants, and babies. We have, yet again, readjusted our lives to meet the needs and demands of our kids. Recently, we have found our local school district having problems that is and will continue to effect our kid's education. After a lot of research, we have decided to home school our oldest. Through all of this, I continue working from home for a health benefit company and even taking time off work, I still get paid! Our new venture into homeschooling has me a little intimidated but I know that it is best. I have a great group of support, curriculum ideas, and plenty of intelligence o get the job done right!

I hope you enjoy reading the posts as they are posted about my crazy life. Crazy and wonderful...these are the days of my life! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment