Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Research, life and mind set...

It's amazing to me how many emotions you can go through in a short period of time. Yesterday morning, like most mornings, there was an hour long arguement with Joey to get ready for school. By last night, the moods had lightened, and he was back to the child I raised. We went with Richard to pick up his boss' racecar. Needless to say, I had my eyes on the weather. Having 2 kids who are both leary of storms, I did not want to be driving in a storm. We got there, and back before the storms hit. We laughed the whole trip, talked, and even had some serious conversation. Once we got home, the kids were wound-for-sound! Too much time strapped into the truck does not do them any favors. So, until 9:30, they ran around like banshies. As they started winding down, Joey got online to check farmville, and we ended up laughing some more. Joey would be typing, and Chloe would basically stand on her head to get his attention. This went on for about 30 minutes. then she decided to get affectionate, and would start giving Joey kisses to get his attention. Needless to say, all I could say was "AWWWW". Well, all the cuteness over, Joey was sleeping, and then the evening battle with Chloe to go to sleep. After 30 minutes of her screaming...she finally gave up. By this point the storms were here and Joey was awake again!

Well, fast forward to this morning, and it's still raining/storming. I spent about 2 hours last night doing more research on Joey's homeschooling. I am amazed and a bit intimidated by the vast information on the subject. I have found 2-3 programs for each subject, and just have to make the final decision before June. We will begin his 4th grade year on July 1st. I know we are going to have some adjustments to make and some massive organization....but I am ready to tackle this adventure head on!

Richard's schedule gets more full by the day. The local farmers are trying to get in the fields, so all the repairs fall on his shoulders. That business along with doing the mechanic work on the race car, helping me get the garden ready to plant, the kids and the dogs...keeps him out of trouble! : )

As I sit here typing this, I am realizing how much I love to write! I used to sit and write for hours...on every possible subject! I have gotten away from that, I guess "because it takes too much time!" Well, this blog will force me to write something every little bit.

I am honestly looking forward to May 26th, when Joey will be out of school. I have so many things I want to do with both kids, and there never seems to be enough hours in the day. I guess it's time to start prioritizing a little differently. The housework can wait till a rainy day. The dishes may have to wait till morning, laundry will still be there when I get around to it. Sweeping, mopping, vaccuming, and dusting won't do itself either. My kids are growing and changing so fast, their childhoods won't wait for my busy work to pass.

God Bless,
Salli
P.S. Sending prayers my family members, and my Great-Grandma Mann. Grandma passed on yesterday morning. Another prayer for one of my Mother-In-Laws. Judy is being transfered this morning to Blessing Hospital from chest pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment