Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome Spring

It's officially Spring! The garden is tilled and ready to be planted. Since one of our science experiments this year has been starting seeds in a small hot house. We got the seeds started...some of them grew, some did not. It was great to watch the process. We officially transplanted them into Jiffy pots today and ready to start them in the garden. Our peppers, a watermelon plant, oregano, and parsley fared well and are ready for their Summer home in the garden. After supper, I will be planting my Bonsai tree and my blueberries. We ordered a bunch of experimental plants this year. Several kinds of tomato plants, including one that is tomatos on top and potatos below., some indoor tomato plants, skyscraper corn that is supposed to reach 20 feet high, a banana tree, a sweet leaf plant, and a lemon & lime tree. I am so anxious to see how it all turns out.

We are grilling tonight for the second time this year. I love being able to spend so much time outdoors. I believe grilling will be a several times per week, ordeal this year. I want to spend every possible moment out doors.

On to some other subjects...
I have gotten all of Joey's 4th grade curriculum downloaded, and ready to print. I am looking forward to the time we will spend together and being able to teach him so much. 33 days and counting!!!

Chloe is learning that dirt doesn't taste too good, and neither does chalk. Joey & I tried to show her how to draw on the concrete, but she thought the chalk was to eat! : ) It was fun either way. With the garden tilled, I showed Chloe what the dirt felt like, and she got to touch the worms. That was a funny sight. She also got her first tractor ride today. She loved it!

I am honestly dreading tomorrow morning. Joey goes back to school and Richard back to work. I have really enjoyed our family time this weekend. It's the first weekend we have had in ages, that has been so great. We've spent time outdoors, laughed, worked, played, eaten meals together, and just really enjoyed each others company.

I can't imagine how the Summer will go, but if it is anything like this weekend....it is going to be the greatest Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment