Monday, April 12, 2010

Frustration

What a morning! I am so frustrated by the constant arguement and tears by both Joey & I, every morning. He absolutely is despising school, he can not possibly be learning anything with the emotions we go through everyday. He gets so worked up about having to go to school, even the night before. I end up arguing with him every morning, get him to school, and then I bawl for an hour because of the frustrations. We have made an educated choice to begin home-educating Joey in July, for his 4th grade year, but I wonder how much damage will be done by pushing him for another 6 weeks. He has already lost a lot of his desire to learn, and I hate to see that. Learning is such a solid foundation. I can start teaching him some from home, but because things are done differently in public schools, I don't want him to be confused by the different learning styles.

I am totally at a loss right now. Richard and I are going to talk about it more tonight after the kids are in bed, but in the meantime....I am questioning the benefits of waiting until May to pull him out of public school.

No comments:

Post a Comment