Saturday, April 17, 2010

Our weekend plans and garden news

Once again, the weekend is here and it's total craziness around our house. We cram everything possible into our 1 1/2 days of all four of us at home. We have to mow, again! I love the grass, and even the dandilions, the flowers that are starting to peek through, and I absolutely love seeing the garden tilled!

Joey typically mows, Richard trims, and Chloe & I will be working in the flower beds. I have so much planned for this summer! I am re-doing the landscaping & flower beds, or at least attempting to get them redone.

It's looking like tomorrow will be planting day in the garden. We have several plants to get in. 9 tomato plants, 12 cabbage plants, 9 bell pepper plants, onion sets, and tons of seeds. We are still waiting on 20 skyscraper corn seeds, 17 tomato plants, a tomato/potato plant, lemon grass plant, hummingbird plant, and about 9 other plants. For indoor plants: blueberry, bonsai tree, herbs, and still waiting on: banana tree, lemon & lime trees, and indoor tomatoes.

Yep, it's going to be a busy fall! I get to teach my 2 youngest sister-in-laws to can! I can't wait. It's a lot of work, but the rewards come about November when you want good food! My canning usually consists of tomato juice, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, chili sauce, pickles, cabbage, carrots, green beans, corn, stewed tomatoes, and maybe some V-8 this year. I freeze corn, and peppers. I will also be canning some meat this year again.

Joey is going to have his own little garden this year. He has seeds for: beets, peas, watermelon, zucchini, and tomatoes. I am excited to see how it all turns out!

This weekend is shaping up like every other warm weather weekend. Hoping to have a bonfire tonight, and roast some hot dogs, and make smores.

Well, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment